Diabetic Menus

Options
I was just diagnosed with Type2 and wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions to help get my sugar levels down. Im not on meds yet and trying to control my diabetes with diet and I know I must start exercising, but, I really don't enjoy it.

Replies

• Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm definitely no expert but research into "Low GI" foods. These give you slow release energy without giving you the sugar highs and lows. Hope this helps
  • tybbmom
    tybbmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: I was diagnosed and few months ago. try watching the amount of carbs you eat and yes exercise is important. at least 30 mins a day. it doesn't have to be done all at once, but you should try to get at least 30 mins in. try taking a short walk at lunch time or after dinner. good luck
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I suffered from diabetes while pregnant and the nutritionist my doctor sent me to had me watching my carbs closely. Portions will be very important also! Best of luck!
  • Weste
    Weste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lose weight and exercise, get your body to a healthy BMI and the diabetic diagnosis may even go way. My Fitness Pal is a great tool. If you honestly use it, the pounds will come off and you will start feeling great.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You can also take cinnamon pills, which will lower blood sugar in your system. I asked my doctor about it and she says it's fine, can't harm you. I couldn't stand them though because I kept burping up cinnamon... was a bit too much for me.

Processed sugar - bad. Carbs can be bad, there are different kinds, and some you need and some you want to avoid. Can't think of which is which now, dangit. Watch how much carbs you eat at an given meal, and make sure to eat plenty of greens with each meal (well, not breakfast).

Your body may also end up being insulin resistant and so it may take awhile to switch things around, so don't be discouraged if it takes awhile.