Lovin' my afternoon treat!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have been looking for things to add to plain Greek yogurt . . . trying to transition away from the ones with fruit :)

why?

Because that way I am eating only yogurt and exactly whatever else I add to it -- no added sugar, gums, corn starch, etc.

Not that those things are the worst things you can eat, but I have enough sugar in my life :P
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do Vanilla Extract, 1/2 ounce of chopped walnuts, Half a chopped banana, and 1/2T of honey....yum!!!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My newest Greek yogurt cave is 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1T peanut butter, 1/2T chia seeds, 1 packet stevia. Mix all together. Shovel in big heaping bites with celery sticks. Delicious & lots of protein!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    *fave not cave. Silly phone autocorrect.
  • michelle19na1
    Options
    I'll have to try this on plain greek yogurt. I currently buy vanilla greek yogurt and add pumpkin pie spice and about 1/8c chopped walnuts...its my form of dessert or a really good snack! I also get honey greek yogurt and add 1/8c sliced almonds, yummy. thanks for posting this! lots of great ideas!
  • CindyGrey
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a smidge of honey is sooooo good too! I really love that stuff.
  • Ruchgupt
    Options
    I LOVE a cup of greek yogurt with 1 T of apple butter + cinnamon. I also put in pumpkin butter + nutmeg, or sometimes for a more bulky dessert treat, sliced bananas, drizzle of honey, sprinkle of ginger, and four or five mini chocolate chips.

Have you ever tried a slather of greek yogurt mixed with honey between two small squares of low-fat graham crackers? Delish, and low cal! Though the graham crackers are the one processed food I'm trying to cut out, because they're so addictive...
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I added a packet of HV ranch dressing to 2 cups of plain greek yogurt the other night,,, (to dip veggies btw) LOL Really good and really low cal :)

LOL
    I was gonna say!!
    Sounds awesome :)
  • Bikini27
    Options
    I'll have to try this on plain greek yogurt. I currently buy vanilla greek yogurt and add pumpkin pie spice and about 1/8c chopped walnuts...its my form of dessert or a really good snack! I also get honey greek yogurt and add 1/8c sliced almonds, yummy. thanks for posting this! lots of great ideas!

O yum! Sounds like a great dessert option for family gatherings!
  • Bikini27
    Options
    My newest Greek yogurt cave is 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1T peanut butter, 1/2T chia seeds, 1 packet stevia. Mix all together. Shovel in big heaping bites with celery sticks. Delicious & lots of protein!

Totally awesome!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    For those that don't mind artificial sweeteners, try crystal light lemonade mix. It tastes just like regular lemon yogurt. 1 cup of 2% greek yogurt 22G of protein in 150 calories. You can add other sugar free flavors.

Like milk, yogurt is high in casein protein too, which is a slow digesting protein. It makes a great bedtime snack.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    So this morning I added blueberries to my Chobani and brought my Pure Lemon Extract to work with me. I added MAYBE a teaspoon and then added some Truvia and mixed it up. Mmmm mmmm mmmm, was it delicious! I'm going to experiment with some of the other ideas I see you all have added. I was thinking blueberry and orange might be good too!
  • mel425
    mel425 Posts: 5
    Options
    I chop up an apple into cubes and sprinkle cinnamon on it and bake it for a little bit. Then make a parfait using chobani greek yogurt, the apple, and a little bit of granola (I use my homemade concoction that has dried fruit in it). It is sooooo good. Tastes almost like apple pie.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I eat my apple or Pear with 1 little baby bella cheese.................Mmmmmm
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I chop up an apple into cubes and sprinkle cinnamon on it and bake it for a little bit. Then make a parfait using chobani greek yogurt, the apple, and a little bit of granola (I use my homemade concoction that has dried fruit in it). It is sooooo good. Tastes almost like apple pie.

Oh my goodness.............I will have to try this!
  • ShannonMarie81
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas!!

I do plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of sugar free all fruit spread with fiber..any flavor!! also add nuts and fresh fruit if wanted...
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Chop up half a Gala apple into plain Greek yogurt with just a touch of Splenda! SO good and SO much better for you than that handfull of reeses your coworker keeps at her desk!

:flowerforyou:
    Meg
    I used to work with a guy like that: Dale. He was always trying to get me to fail in my efforts to address my weight.
    And then I found out he was diagnosed with diabetes:laugh:
    Did that change Dale's habits?
    No, he Doc-Shopped and got extra pills to pop before each new binge - BINGO!
    He used to brag about it, then go to the buffet and just eat like a guy going to the electric chair.
    And then one day, he was feeling bad after slipping on a wet spot in the parking garage, went to the Doc who admitted him to the hospital, and Dale died that night of something called as ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome) - something to do with fluid in the lungs.

No more Dale.
    Had he followed his Doc's simple advice, he'd still be alive, plaguing my life, making fun of my work and teasing me about my exercise. I am glad Dale chose his own way:drinker:

Some people just need to GO!
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    bump!
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Yum this sounds great. Thanks for the wonderful idea.