Fitbit or Polar HRM?

Options
Hi friends!
I need to get something to better track my calories. Have any of you used both/either of these? I keep going back and forth on which to get. My biggest interest is calorie tracking. Thank you for reading!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. I love it! Although the fitbit sounds wonderful, it is more expensive and I have heard that it doesn't track exercise calories as well as the polar.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit! I think it tracks my calories well. MFP actually overestimates my burns. Some HRMs need to be linked to some kind of site for a fee. FitBit's services are free to use.
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    After researchng both, I decied on the PolarFT4. The fitbit seems pretty cool but at this point I think the HRM will be more beneficial to me. If Fitbit comes out with a model that has a HRM then I would be all in.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. It doesn't doesn't need to be hooked to any external websites, I just take the reading from the HRM and plug it into MFP. Couldn't be easier, you just have to make sure you have your data entered corrected on the watch.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I actually have both. However, I started with a HRM, and it is defintely more accurate than the ftibit. Each have there own quirks, but if you want to track exercise calories I'd suggest a HRM. The fibit is good for other things, like tracking steps, sleep efficiency ect. If those are areas you are concerned with.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit (5 days now) and a HRM watch (the sportline kind without a chest band). If you get a HRM, get one with the chest band, because I'm supposed to stick my finger on the watch often for accuracy regularly. Not only does it mess up my timing while working out, I don't do it enough. I adore my fitbit because it tracks motion, and gives me little inspirational messages when I touch it. Wearing both, which is more accurate? They're within 20 calories of each other.

Although, I don't feel I can give a good recommendation for either as I don't have a "nice" HRM that is always checking my HR.