Best Valentine Memory?

Options
BettyyRoss
BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
Figured since Valentine's Day is approaching we could all think back of a time where we actually had a good Valentine's Day!

Mine was last year's. I got married in September of 2010 and due to my husband being in the military we didn't move in together until February of 2011. It's my best Valentine's because we moved in 2 days before Valentine's Day and I got to spend it in my new home, with my new husband halfway across the country! (Moved from Maine to Florida) I'll never forget. This Valentine's Day will be our first year living together and it has been a great one. :love:

Share yours :D

Replies

• shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    None. They pretty much all have sucked :happy:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    One Friday night while my husband and I were still dating, we went from restaurant to restaurant trying to figure out why they were all so crowded. Finally, it dawned on us that it was Valentine's day. We ended up eating at Denny's.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    MINE TOO!!! LOL :)
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    getting married to my husband. tear.

he picked valentine's day so i won't ever forget. i'm bad with dates and stuff.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Getting married to my husbasnd! 5 years this Feb 14th:heart:
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    We spent one of our most fun V-day's at Chuck E Cheese with our kids. ( We are romantic the other 364 days of the year! ;) ) It was fun, because the store was pretty empty and it was nice to have that family time!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have two:

in 2005, my husband (boyfriend at the time) kept gloating that he got me the best present ever. I rolled my eyes every time, thinking it was just candies, flowers, etc. Well, Valentines came, and I wanted my gift. He got his gift (my first ever scrapbook that I've attempted, and it had pictures of us and romantic quotes). He kept refusing to give me my gift. I finally said that I didn't want his "stinkin gift." He went into the bedroom, and came out with a little box :) And me, being so caught off-guard, thought that when he got on his knee, he fell :) LOL!!! So, we were engaged!

The day before Valentines Day, we had a MASSIVE snow storm in 2006. It was so bad that our jobs shut down, almost everything shut down in our area, except for the mall. We were bored, and took a small drive to the local mall, and I left there with my baby basset hound puppy, Fred :)
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It was two years ago.. Usually my fiancee isn't much of a gift giver... but this year he actually bought me stuff and it blew me away...

He's a semi driver.. one day he came home with a stuffed valentines day dog... then another day he came home with a heart shaped fudge and a necklace.. had my twin boys give them to me..

then another day he brought home a single rose..

remember this was all the week before val day. I thought I had all my gifts..

But then on val. day.. a delivery guy came to the door.. with miniture roses, stuffed doggies sitting on a heart pillow and chocolates!!

I'll never forget that val day/week

The year before that he got me the ipod touch I've been wanting.. never expected that!!! He really didn't have the extra money for it but knew I wanted it..
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This guy I was seeing took me to a fancy Asian restaurant and brought me beautiful flowers. Then after we went to a piano bar for drinks then hit the club taht he owned to listen to a band. I had not been seeing him long, but he bought me a beautiful scarf because he hated that I walked around in the Boston cold with my neck uncovered.

Sigh.

It was not until a few months later that I learned about the wife, the kids and the Mob ties. :/
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My last two also :)

Before that, I had spent many Valentine's Days alone, and then I met my boyfriend. The past two February 14th's we've been living together and had a wonderful day each time. I love the fact that I already know this year's will be wonderful, too :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My favorite Valentine's Day memory is when I was 6 years old and my mom made us tea in my china tea set. She cut up the sandwiches in hearts, and made little cakes with me in my Easy Bake Oven.

She might not have been perfect (who is?), but she loved me always.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Both of my boys were conceived on Valentine's day. One in 1994 the other in 1996 :tongue: :heart:
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Both of my boys were conceived on Valentine's day. One in 1994 the other in 1996 :tongue: :heart:

lol that's cute!