How do you Measure Success?

Options
Now that I got you to look, Please share with me what is the best scale (and new BFF) to purchase so that I may measure my success on MFP accurately!

Replies

• ejortega
    ejortega Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Help at the store now ready to buy any scale!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just use a cheap analogue scale. As long as you weigh on the same scale every time you weigh-in, you will be fine.
  • ejortega
    Options
    Thank you!!!! The digital one I have sways as much as 2lbs either way depending on solar chart, wind direction , and manner on which I am standing on scale! Very very frustrating . Seems that analogue is clearly way to go. Thank you again
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! The digital one I have sways as much as 2lbs either way depending on solar chart, wind direction , and manner on which I am standing on scale! Very very frustrating . Seems that analogue is clearly way to go. Thank you again

All scales will vary. Remember your body will hold onto water weight sometimes. The objective is not to lose every time you weight but to maintain your plan long term. You will always see variation in your weight. The long term trend is what matters most.
  • robincloud09
    Options
    I always weight the same time of day too. Typically before breakfast. :)
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    I actually bought a Weight Watchers digital scale at Bed Bath and Beyond for apx $25. I love it because it measures not only your weight, but you BF%, your BMI, Fat weight, Water weight %, Bone mass %. Not sure how they do it but I think I enjoy it more than a traditional scale because I get to see my BMI, my actual fat weight, my BF% and my actual weight numbers go down each week.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The best scales are how your clothes fit....that's how I measure.
  • ejortega
    Options
    Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I do weigh myself everyday, however, if I get on the scale three times in a row I can get 3 different weights!!!! I actually have the weight watchers scale, which I like for the same reasons (body fat%, etc)- but it sounds like I may just need a newer model?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Now that I got you to look, Please share with me what is the best scale (and new BFF) to purchase so that I may measure my success on MFP accurately!

The one that is actually a tape measure.

Scales are a TERRIBLE way to measure progress. Yes, they are quick and easy, but there is SOOOOO much more going on with your body than just simple weight.