Should I adjust my diet profile?

Options
Hello everyone! I started MFP during the winter break of my college classes. Other than when I exercised, I was literally doing nothing all day besides sitting at home. I have now started classes again, and do a lot more moving. I walk to and from my classes everyday, about 10-15 minutes one way, and then around campus.

I was just wondering if this is a significant enough difference to change my diet profile from "Sedentary" to "Lightly Active"?

Thanks!

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think that's sort of something you should decide for yourself. I have manually set my intake to best suit my body because MFP tends to drastically underestimate everything. Maybe you could take into account how much you move on a day-to-day basis. Are you at school everyday, or just some days? etc.
  • grevisj
    Options
    I had the same question! Since my class schedule is different M-W-F and T-Th I just adjust it on a day-to-day basis. I used MapMyRun and figured out how much I'm walking from my apartment to school and estimated the distance from class to class. Then I just log the extra walking distance under my exercises as walking at a moderate pace (3.0 mph or so). I think this is effective although it takes a minute or two each day. If you're super busy you probably should just adjust your profile to lightly active :)