1yr, -50lbs, and a 1/2 marathon later...

Options
I started my journey Jan 24 of 2011, and I have dropped 50lbs, ran a 1/2 marathon, and most of all gained my life back. Thanks for all the motivation you all have given me throughout the year. Now onto the next chapter of losing this last 15 lbs and training for my marathon debut on Oct 28th 2012, at the Marine Corp Marathon in VA. SO excited!
1yr.jpg

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Amazing...you look GREAT. Best of luck in the future!!
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Really good looking change!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look great - congrats on the half marathon - I would love to just be able to run a mile ....
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys and trust me 8 mths ago i couldnt run 100ft...you can do it!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!

I live in VA. Where will the Marine Corps Marathon be held?
  • larisadixon
    Options
    Meghan, check it out right here...http://www.marinemarathon.com/MCM_Weekend.htm
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, congratulations!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhh, that looks fun! I may have to join you. I am going to try to do a couple 5ks here (Norfolk) first.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    Gives me motivation! I can't wait to post my pics too!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on all your hard work.
    You look great. I am going to be doing the Warrior dash and the Mud run this year. Sooo excited :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fabulous and I don't doubt for a second you'll achieve you goal.
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job!

3315442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Is that how you lost the weight because you trained for the half marathon? I plan to run my first half marathon in September 2012, I just started training and I never have been one to love jogging ( running) But I love the feeling now and I feel like I am loosing more all over and just feel better ~ If you have any pointers I would love to hear them :bigsmile:
  • larisadixon
    Options
    thanks everyone, cary---i sent you a message
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined the Run wagon! lol I love love love running and now that im down 109lbs im running more and more often. This year I have already completed my first 5k and a 5M! I cant wait to get up to a 10M then a 1/2 Marathon is my goal!

Keep up the great work!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Awesome progress!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!