The number 1 thing you need to lose the weight.

Options
Attitude.

It defines everything we do. Everyone is always asking the secret to weight loss or how to keep those pounds coming off. It all boils down to attitude. Your mindset has to be in this or you won't lose the weight. People will say it's still boils down to the calories in and calories burnt, but even that is controlled by your attitude. There is no shortcuts, and there will be bad days. You still need to keep that attitude. You need to have a warriors mindset on this journey. You need to be able to keep pushing through anything, you have to know that nothing is going to stop you. When I am working out in the gym, I have an attitude. It fuels me, it pushes me. It keeps me from giving it half way, or from stopping when I feel like I can't continue. Attitude, you either have the attitude or you don't. If you don't have the attitude you better dig down and find it or this weight loss journey will most likely eat you up and you will be back here starting again.

There is no short cuts, there is only your attitude as you take on this life change. I'm a mean, nasty, fat destroying machine, I'm a champion, I am not someone to be taken lightly or take this journey lightly. I have an attitude.

Also to those that complain about people showing some negativity, you have to block that out and sometimes you have to take it. Let it fuel you, and let it show you things that you might not be willing to see about yourself. Don't look for people to sugar coat things, that is most likely part of the reason you are here. You are the reason you are fat, just as I am the reason I'm fat. There might be other reasons, but it still comes down to myself. Warriors and Champions don't blame others, they are too busy fixing the issues and pushing forward.

Replies

• CharityEaton
    Options
    nice post! I needed some motivation! now you got me flexing my muscles and growling like a caveman! Grrr!
    I'm am so gonna get these last 10 pounds off!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah!!

I love your attitude!
  • Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love it, so true!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Word. :happy: Great Post!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread and well done on your lost thus far.

I found whenI I was ready to take the weightloss journey on I needed to have a clear mind free of stress and worries which would lead me to falling off the wagon so very quickly. My motivation grew and I dropped 20 kilos.
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    it is sooo ture, infact i am exercising 6x's a week for the past 3 weeks just about and i feel so great. I am excited about my progress, it makes me keep going. Deff. with a positive attitude.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    @Nataliemae201

Yep keep that attitude. Don't let others control you, you control yourself, that is one of the few things you can control in life. Be a beast, be a monster, show that fat who is boss!
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good stuff man, thanks for the motivation.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Show me your war cry!!!!

Attitude is for sure the key. I got this, I'm a effin monster, and I can do whatever I WANT to!! I will work towards my goals, I will conquer my insecurities, and if I want to climb a damn mountain, well, I better start training but you can bet your tush I'm gonna climb a damn mountain. Furthermore, I've noticed that the more I find myself attractive, the more attractive I am to other people, even if the scale hasn't budged. Confidence, attitude, that's all this is.

...and I have to bite my tongue to keep from rawring like a dinosaur every time I lift weights around other people. Thanks for that one.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

...and I have to bite my tongue to keep from rawring like a dinosaur every time I lift weights around other people. Thanks for that one.

I know the dinosaur war cry! :-)
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice! Thanks for the reminder!
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I'm so glad you are one of my MFP friends! You are so awesome! :)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I'm so glad you are one of my MFP friends! You are so awesome! :)

I'm glad you are my friend, I've lucked out and surrounded myself with an awesome friend list on Mfp. I can't think of a single friend I don't like or on the fence about in my friendliest. I tried to cut some the other day and every single one of you guys had a reason I couldn't cut any of you! You all rock and you all have this!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love that this comes from a guy with the coolest default on this site. Clearly, you have mastered the art of attitude :) Thanks for the inspiration!
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    very inspirational. Thank you :)
  • onecrazyredhead
    onecrazyredhead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOUR PICTURE. LOL
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    And persistance! I agree that attitude is important, but some days I feel like **** but get up and move anyway, because I know that I will feel better if I do.
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    YEAH!!! Thanks for the motivation! It's time for a check up from the neck up!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    And persistance! I agree that attitude is important, but some days I feel like **** but get up and move anyway, because I know that I will feel better if I do.

Attitude drives that persistence, like I said days that suck I get me more nasty with myself. If you kick your butt in gear no one can! There are variables that need to be taken into effect and there will be days that are hard. We can do it. The human body is capable of so much. It can take so much, and many of us give up when we only hit 20% of what are bodies are capable of. It's not always easy, but it can always be done. KEEP WORKING AT ALL YOU DO. You rock, anyone that sticks to it on this site is awesome. The dedication and power you show sticking with it shows a lot. You guys are warriors.

People may not always understand or think, wow that person got large, but they don't always understand the attitude adjustments we've had to make to get where we are going. We aren't just changing our bodies.
  • angel092384
    Options
    thanks for the motivation ! I believe you are right when you have the right mind set and are willing to put in the hard work you will see great results.