5'8 and 70-80lbs to lose!

Options
Hi! My name's Katie & I'm 22 years old. My current weight is 245 & my goal weight is between 150-160lbs. I recently got engaged, and my goal is to not have to look in the "Plus Size" section for my wedding gown! Although, that's not my sole reason for wanting to lose this weight. I was bullied a lot all throughout school and it made me hate myself. But now I've come to realize that all their hateful words have made me stronger and more determined than ever to lose weight. I want to start making healthier choices and get the motivation to get my butt to the gym! New friends and motivation/support/tips would be wonderful!

Replies

• Courtney24107
    Options
    I'm also 5'8 with about 65lbs to lose so it's like we're doing this together! WOOO! :D
  • peggiekramme
    peggiekramme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'8' and 212lbs. I am 47yrs old and decided to train for a mini triathalon that will take place on Apr 29. I have a treadmill and stationary bike that both have ifit. I decided to get the Jillian Michaels level I ifit progam for both the treadmill/bike and after one week, I'm down one size. I can't wait to get through this level (4weeks) to get the next level!!! I was THRILLED to bring down the size 16 jeans from the attic!!! I so recommend it!!! She motivates you as the program plays through. I'm one who HATES working out with a partner so this works great for me!! Good luck to you and congrat's on the upcoming wedding!!:smile:
  • viclsmith
    viclsmith Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I to am 5'8 and weigh 215. I just found out about this site this afternoon through a friend. It feels really good to have other people who have similar goals. You don't feel so alone in this journey. Look forward to our future successes together.
  • najamon
    najamon Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, my name is Petula Poteat, and I am from North Carolina. I weigh 262.8. I started out with weight watchers and then was introduce to this website, and like it very much, and it was free. I want to lose 100.00 pounds, and my husband wants another child, so if I can lose half this, I can work on this and not have any complications that deal with my weight. I need all the help and support. I been dieting as a teenager and now I am 38.. So its been a long time. I just started this on yesterday but determine to keep going. Good luck to all:::
  • Britnae
    Options
    Wow! I'm 19 but I am recently engaged too, I completely understand the feeling of not wanting to look in the PLUS section for a dress! :D
  • meganm_7
    Options
    I am 33 5'8" also and weigh 231 currently after having my 2nd child. I decided yesterday that I'm done thinking about changing my looks and it's time to DO SOMETHING about it! I joined the site yesterday and started honestly tracking my food/drinks as well as holding myself accountable to workout. So far I'm learning that the more attention I put on eating the right foods, it's obvious what I've been eating has been all wrong! I'm also realizing that my days of being an athlete are long in the past and I have a lot of work to do physically to get back in shape. My goal is 175 lbs and I hope this site will help keep me motivated. Please send me friend requests! I find that if I watch shows like The Biggest Loser during my workout on the treadmill I push myself harder and longer, raise the incline and increase the speed. If they can do it, I can do it!
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you! I am 5' 8" and was 223.... Took me a rollercoaster of a year, but am down to 198. I really want another 40-50, by the end of this year(2012). I do not have a true weight goal, but I want to be a comfortable 10/12, which I haven't been since before kids. I am 35, and celebrating my 10 year anniversary in 2 weeks. I was the Plus Sized Girl at my Wedding. I can wait to not be her anymore.

15696354.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    Girl, we're basically the same person. ;) Good luck to you! I started out around 270 (I joined MFP about 15 pounds after, so I've lost about 70 pounds...) It feels so good! It takes a while, yes, but it's all worth it when you fit into jeans you haven't been able to wear since sixth grade. Hang in there!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your engagement! Im 5'8 196lbs. I was 201 last monday when I started!! I want to get to 160 by June! Dedication and hard work! It really works!! Welcome and good luck!!!!
  • paulettei
    Options
    I dont have as much to loose but I know where you are. 4 years ago I was 5'7" and weighed 292 pounds. I was in congestive heart failure, I had sleep apnea, and on 3 different blood pressure meds. I decided to get the gastricbypass done. Now I am NOT promoting the surgery, but if it hadn't been for it I would not be here today. I am still 5'7" but now I weigh 195. At my lowest weight I was 152 and felt incredible. I had a baby 2 years ago and about 6 months after that herniated 2 disks in my back. Between both I gained 40 pounds. Now trying like crazy to get them back off. Now I'm back to counting calories, carbs, sugars, and making sure I get enough excersice.
  • Emma089
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 205 Pounds and want to lose about 70 pounds by the end of the year. Feel free to add me, I would love the support and would love to support others.
  • raisydaisy
    raisydaisy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'7" and about 220 ( I need to get the scale fixed); I need to lose about 70 pounds to be in that 'healthy' range. The only reason I have is that I am really just not healthy and I am starting to feel it a lot. 33 is probably to young for all that! I have two sons (15 and 12) that need me around and a hubby that needs me too, so I figure I need to do something before I drop with a heart attack. I did MFP religiously last summer and dropped 20lbs, but then I tore all the muscles in my right calf quite severely and wasn't able to walk for about 4 months, so of course it all piled back on. But I am mostly healed (only a little pain) and I am ready to do it again! If I can get it off once I can do it twice!
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Hello, Looks like you are in the same boat as a lot of us. I am 5'9' and 248. It will not be a short battle or an easy one, but we can all do this. Remember it is a life style change not a temporary diet. By the way, congrats on the engagement.
  • kornido
    kornido Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi i'm Kent i stand 5'7" used to weigh 292.5 last august 20, 2011 lost 78 lbs so far but still need to lose atleast 20 more lbs before stopping my supplements and completely depends on my work out in the gym.. my goal weight is 170 to 180 lbs
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm 5ft8 and 24, I my journey last January at 232lbs (16st 8lbs), and since then I've lost over 5 stone (70.5lbs) down to 162lbs (11st8lbs and a healthy bmi) which was over 30% of my body weight lost in a just under year.
    My goal weight was 164lbs and I'm still around that about 7 weeks later.

If you need any advice etc I'm here, personally I think the key is eating enough...if I ate under 1500 I lost much more slowly, I think it's to do with my height but at 1lb/week setting I always lost at least 1lb/week until I got close to the end.

Good luck everyone, it really is possible!

xx
  • richelle67
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to mfp! I am old enough to be your mother. I am 44 and am 5 6 1'2 (shrinking with age) and started this sight on Nov. 14th at 237 and am down 31 lbs as of this morning and have around 55 to go:smile: . My daughter, who is your age, got me going on this sight and it has been the best thing ever for me! The support is awesome!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like more support.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my 'thick-souled sisters' (and brothers)! I think I have found my peeps!! :happy: I am also 5'8". I swear when i graduated high school (20+ yrs ago) that i was 5'6" & 3/4". When i turned 35 they started measuring my height to see if i was shrinking - who would have known i'd get taller?? LOL!
    OK so at my heaviest - I'd say it was in October 2011 - I was 237 lbs. I went to my dr yesterday and they weighed me and i am 8 lbs less so that's some progress! I just discovered MFP a few weeks ago while looking up the calories of something. I am on WeightWatchers also, but they only use points, not calories. My goal is to weigh 175 lbs. I JUST turned 40 (like this past weekend) and it's time for me to grow up and quit making excuses.
    Would love to have you guys as friends also.
    I LOVE this site!! SO helpful!
  • magzdl
    magzdl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! I lost my initial 20 pounds before starting here I have 60 more to go before I meet my goal! Good luck to you!
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 231 lbs now at 30 yrs old. My goal is to get below the 200 lb mark by May 2012 and down to my goal of 150 before the end of the year:) Let's do this!
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tara :smile:
    I'm 5'8 and currently at 195lbs. I'm aiming for the same goal as you. 150-160lbs. Feel free to add me :)