Anyone tried celestial sleepy time tea?

Options
I was reading into it, and I'm thinking about trying it. I'm hoping that it will help me stay asleep at night.

I am constantly waking up throughout the night, so I don't feel like I'm refreshed in the morning. I was actually thinking about getting the sleepy time extra with valerian root.

Anyone take it? Does it help you sleep at night?

Replies

• almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    I dont know about helping sleep- I sleep like a rock no matter what- but it is Delicious! I love the way it smells, its one of my favorites.
  • Merleygirl61
    Options
    hi ..

Yes i use this all the time..

Works like it says.. Always have a box in my pantry..

I say go for it.. WHich reminds me.. I need to use it again... lol

Hope you find it works for you too..
  • chopps_22
    chopps_22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find it helps you wind down to go to sleep more than actually helping you sleep.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    It's tasty, but does not make me drowsy or keep me asleep. Narcotics, on the other hand... :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It doesn't help me sleep, but it's very gentle. I like it.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like the tea but I haven't found that it changes anything about my sleep.
    My roommate last year used to take melatonin to help her sleep, maybe you could look into that. A lot of people seem to not mind using it because it's more natural than things like ambien, lunesta, etc.
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like it! Good taste.. but doesnt help me sleep
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible insomniac. I have been drinking the sleepy time tea and taking melatonin at bedtime. I would recommend trying melatonin if you haven't. I have tried several prescription and over the counter things that did not work for me. You can buy it at wal-mart and it natural.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It might depend on what your problem with sleep is. It doesn't work for me, none of the herbal/OTC treatments worked for me. I'm an ambien kind of girl, that works...about 3/4 of the time.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have tried it but not necessarily to help me sleep...just to wind down.

A friend of mine told me her and her husband just started taking Passion flower, it's drops they put in their tea at night. She said it helped her hubby sleep like a baby. It is also used for anxiety and depression too. I need to try it. I fall asleep quick but can't sleep through the night and wake up tired.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Constant waking is a sign of sleep apena and tea won't help. You may want to consider a sleep study.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think it's very soothing...may just well help you sleep. =)
  • nwoww
    nwoww Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drink the sleepy time tea with a double dose of melatonin...the tea alone didn't seem to help, but I have major sleep issues. I like the melatonin. It helps me sleep without feeling "hungover" in the morning.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    The tea is nice, not sure that it actually helps you sleep though... If you want herbal go for melanin...
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I fall asleep quick but can't sleep through the night and wake up tired.

This is my problem. I have NO problems falling asleep. It's the staying asleep that's the problem. I was thinking about trying Nutrilite's valerian & hops supplements, but they are so expensive.

I'm also worried about trying sleeping pills because I really don't want to get addicted to any.
  • JennyGeek
    Options
    i found some herbal sleeping pills at Sprouts near my house that I take every so often. I like them because I don't wake up like a zombie in the morning like if I were to take an OTC sleeping pill.
  • KiraLech
    Options
    My absolute fave! I keep the regular one at work for a calming affect, and the sleeptime extra at home to drink before bed. Yummy Yummy Yummy!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yes! But anything warm with a bit of honey will do that. Make sure you're reading about sleep deprivation (there was a Dr. Oz article in Parade MAgazine last Sunday to check) and once you know what to avoid, I think a little tea would be a great way to ease into sleep. GL!
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible insomniac. I have been drinking the sleepy time tea and taking melatonin at bedtime. I would recommend trying melatonin if you haven't. I have tried several prescription and over the counter things that did not work for me. You can buy it at wal-mart and it natural.

I use melatonin and self hypnosis (apps I downloaded on my phone) My kids doctor recommend melatonin for my kids so its safe. My problem is winding down though. I was told there is a time release melatonin which should help you stay asleep.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    it's pretty good...Yogi Bedtime tea is pretty amazing as well