Fighting the fat

Options
Hi, I'm Julie and I'm 37 and have battled with my weight since I was a teenager. The weight has won most of the time. Last year I tipped the scale at 341.75. I currently stay around 280. I've lost a bit but the last 3 months I have stayed about the same. I have let life get in the way of me. Today I'm trying hard to "Fight the fat" because it's a constant challenge. I have been exercising much more and more consistantly then I have ever. The food not so much. I'm trying to learn that food does not fix life. It is temporary and I always beat myself up after and sometimes it's not that good. Really I'm eating something that isn't want I want and doesn't taste great, why waste the calories. I love that I have this place to log my food and exercise. This month November I will "fight the fat" by keeping my log and not going over 2000 a day, that's my goal. I hope all of you "Fight the fat" this month too.

Replies

• bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Im sure here we can help you find away to get in shape and lose the fat... Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl. It is so crazy sometimes. I am down to 321 I have lost 11lbs since joining here almost two months ago. Im sending an add your way!
  • bnjajoyce
    Options
    Good for you that you recognize your hurdles and are finding tools to help yourself. I have similar issues with eating to feel better. Logging the food and exercise and working with friends that can see what I'm doing really helps me. Best of luck!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I tried to fight the fat,,,,the sodium...the sugar...damn I fight all this crap everyday...some days are easier than others....just have to say there is always tomorrow if you have a bad day...That is what keeps me going...This sight is awesome and if there was stuff like this when I was younger I would be better off but never to old to start something new....good luck...
  • sledds
    sledds Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new but so far so good. Lots of support. Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends.
  • mamadahl
    Options
    Hello I'm Anna I have been fighting my wight for some time now. It got real bad when my husband went on his first deployment. He lost it all and I gained it all. Now I am trying to get rid of it I can't seem to pass 160 I have been there for years it may not seen like much to alot but when all of your family is 5"8 and 120 and you are 5"3 and 165 you become the butt of every family get together. I want to show my kids a better way to live as well. Any tips are welcome.