8 Months Postpartum PICS [MOMS LETS TRADE TIPS!]

Options
Hello Everyone!

I've posted my before and afters here before (some last August). Since then I've managed to tighten up my mid section a little more. At this point, I've surpassed my goal and am working on toning and continuing the "lifestyle" that I've adapted.

BEFORE JUNE 2011 | AFTER JANUARY 2012

sideshotjan24.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF ABS

abs1.jpg

Pic from a professional shoot I did in February

Maria-More-Hot-1079-Middays-300x199.jpg

A few things I'd like to point out in terms of my success:

1) FOCUS ON THE FINISH LINE: After having a baby, you may feel ugly, sloppy and just outright "unattractive." Know that each day you commit to your long term goal, you are getting closer. If you slip off, don't stay down, refocus and KEEP PUSHING!

2) WHEN YOU'VE HIT A PLATEAU: Try a "yo-yo calorie" diet to re-boost your metabolism. Once you start getting active and eating a certain way, your body may "stall." I know this sounds scary, but you may need to eat MORE to recharge your metabolism. When I say eat more, I don't mean junk food (LOL). Simply fluctuate your caloric intake each day. For example, one day each 1500 calories, the next day 1800, the next day 1200. Also switch up your fitness routine.

I was STUCK at 128 pounds for 3 weeks, I got so frustrated, but when I broke down and ate more, along with diversifying my diet, the weight started coming off again. (I weigh 118 pounds now)

3) DRINK WATER...LOTS OF IT! This is probably a given but water is magic! It keeps you hydrated on the inside out, it helps flush toxins out of your body and drinking water may even help curb your appetite (making you feel full and avoid snacking on those extra calories)

Replies

• whippetmama
    Options
    Wow awesome! Hoping in 6 months I can come close to my goals. Well done, you are smokin!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    YOUR BODY IS BANGING WOMAN! Flaunt the hell out of that thing! You look fabulous!!!!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing and you are so pretty! I want your butt! lol
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Im not a mom but you look amazing and I soon hope to have some very successful pictures to post
  • WOW, You look great !!!! Awesome job !!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Holy Mumma!! wow you look great!
    Did you breast feed too to help with weight loss?
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great and thanks for the advice.
  • imperfectbird
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I've posted my before and afters here before (some last August). Since then I've managed to tighten up my mid section a little more. At this point, I've surpassed my goal and am working on toning and continuing the "lifestyle" that I've adapted.

BEFORE JUNE 2011 | AFTER JANUARY 2012

sideshotjan24.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF ABS

abs1.jpg

Pic from a professional shoot I did in February

Maria-More-Hot-1079-Middays-300x199.jpg

A few things I'd like to point out in terms of my success:

1) FOCUS ON THE FINISH LINE: After having a baby, you may feel ugly, sloppy and just outright "unattractive." Know that each day you commit to your long term goal, you are getting closer. If you slip off, don't stay down, refocus and KEEP PUSHING!

2) WHEN YOU'VE HIT A PLATEAU: Try a "yo-yo calorie" diet to re-boost your metabolism. Once you start getting active and eating a certain way, your body may "stall." I know this sounds scary, but you may need to eat MORE to recharge your metabolism. When I say eat more, I don't mean junk food (LOL). Simply fluctuate your caloric intake each day. For example, one day each 1500 calories, the next day 1800, the next day 1200. Also switch up your fitness routine.

I was STUCK at 128 pounds for 3 weeks, I got so frustrated, but when I broke down and ate more, along with diversifying my diet, the weight started coming off again. (I weigh 118 pounds now)

3) DRINK WATER...LOTS OF IT! This is probably a given but water is magic! It keeps you hydrated on the inside out, it helps flush toxins out of your body and drinking water may even help curb your appetite (making you feel full and avoid snacking on those extra calories)

This is SO inspiring! I have two kids and my youngest is almost 2 yrs old. STILL working on the "baby weight", plus I'm working against split ab muscles :-( But I LOVE seeing pictures like this because at least I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I am working my hardest now. Thanks for sharing and I love the tips!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done, you've done so well!
  • mariamore
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing and you are so pretty! I want your butt! lol

LOL! that's funny you say that, my husband calls me "pancake" booty now! It use to be much bigger, I kinda liked it, but sometimes you can't tell your body "where" to lose the fat! ha!

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone!
  • mariamore
    Options
    Holy Mumma!! wow you look great!
    Did you breast feed too to help with weight loss?

Yes, but mostly for "bonding." She doesn't get enough from me to "fill her up." I recommend EVERY new mom to breastfeed if she can! :-)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    WOAH!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Your abs are amazing! What is your workout routine like?
  • mariamore
    Options
    Your abs are amazing! What is your workout routine like?

I admit, I was a MANIAC, LOL! When I was about 4 weeks postpartum, I just took mile long walks everyday. I drank water exclusively for 6 weeks and healthy meals. I was in the gym EVERYDAY. I didn't have a trainer at first, I just did group fitness classes. I focused on the cardio classes then moved up to toning and conditioning. I also taught Zumba several times per week.

Honestly, working out is important but what you eat is REALLY the key in losing the weight, trust me!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    HOLY HELL! I will never get that into shape no matter how much time passes! Well done lady!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    LOve it, you look so amazing!!!
  • morningbell
    morningbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! way to go... thanks for the inspiration. :)
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! I wish my stomach looked like that postpartum! Great job!
  • fatnomo100
    Options
    WOWZA!! Amazing!! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!