kitchennerd seeks pals to share recipes and workouts

hey, i'm wendy. in the last 8 months i've lost about 40lbs, and am 2lbs away from my goal weight. i've made some drastic changes to my eating habits and lifestyle, and i just started using myfitnesspal as i'm approaching maintenance stage.

i LOVE to cook, and have been having so much fun creating recipes based on nutritional gain rather than what i used to do, which was throw together a lot of high calorie stuff that tasted good. i work out almost every day and have built it into my schedule, and actually enjoy it.

i'm looking to add some friends to share recipes, workouts and successes with, and also to keep me honest. i'm a really supportive person and am hoping to find some people in this community to celebrate this process with. :)

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    I love to cook too! Add me so we may swap recipes :smile:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Just sent you a friend request. I love to cook too-- if you ever want the recipe for something you see in my food diary, just let me know!
  • kmf05
    kmf05 Posts: 1 Member
    Add me as well, definitely exploring new recipes
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 723 Member
    I love to cook and am always looking for new food ideas.
  • Would love to share new recipes! I've got two kids and work full time so I don't have a lot of time during the week but cook like crazy on the weekends. I'll send you a friend request. Congrats on your loss!
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Hi, Feel Free to add me am keen for motivation and support too and new recipe ideas. Do lots of research online to find new heathly meal ideas. I've been on for about 5 months lost about 20 pounds but more to go.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    I love to cook and learning new ways to cook healthy foods would be wonderful but what hurts me is my husband he has to consume more than 3000 calories a day drives me insane he needs to gain and I lose weight. But I have learned to cook healthier but watch what I put into what I make. Congratulations on maintaining your weight.
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 65 Member
    Hi I'm Dorian it's nice to meet you! I will add you and we can swap recipes if you're alright with vegetarian! Cooking at home is definitely helping me a lot with weight loss and quick recipes make it so much easier.