Ugh...(vent) Ugly photo.

Options
I just saw a photo of myself from a few days ago. Totally not what I thought I looked like. In fact, i was thoroughly grossed out that I looked that bad. :(((((

*sigh* Im trying to use it as motivation, but its kinda upsetting. Just thought Id vent a lil here.

Replies

• MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    Cameras can be deceiving!! don't beat yourself up over a photo.....its how you feel in your clothes and about yourself.

don't let that get you down..if anything let that be a MOTIVATOR!! :wink:
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Don't let the pictures get you down....I have rarely taken a decent picture my whole life. Heck, I even look bad in my wedding photos.

On the other hand, if it works as motivation, blow that bad boy up and put it on the fridge!
  • n_fekete
    n_fekete Posts: 5
    Options
    Agreed, Even when i have been in great shape and thin somthing happens with lighting in pictures that can make you look bumpy when you are not!
  • dianehyde1
    dianehyde1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    definitely don't go by a photo. I had one made at a dance my husband I went too. When I showed it to my son he told me that photo of me made me look larger than I am. It made me feel good that he said that. I too thought the photo was terrible and like you was discourged.
  • Paulveino
    Paulveino Posts: 2
    Options
    its all about health, not photo's. I echo the previous comments. Feeling good, being healthy, getting rid of meds and living longer is a lot sweeter then a good looking photo. Do u think those super models are healthy...I think not.

Paul
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling more than you know. I hate my pictures, all of them. We are our own worst critics thouh arent' we? You are a beautiful woman. I could only hope to be so lucky. I don't even post my picture. Yikes!! Dont be so hard on yourself, if you could see yourself as others do, then you would not complain. Together, we'll make it. Tomorrow is another day, right?:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • emilianawest
    Options
    Thank you guys :) it was just a lil shocking, ya know?! Ive lost almost 40 lbs. already, it just seems like the goal is forever away sometimes. Just gotta keep stepping forward everyday.

Thanks again everyone :))))
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    your av photo is quite pretty! nice smile lovely skin. I think you might just be a bit silly! And woot woot on the 40 lbs! better woman than me, but I am still trying!
  • jaimelee93
    jaimelee93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and only last week got upset over a photo which prompted me to join this web site.
    It's horrible when you don't even recognise yourself.

But what I've done is use a positive photo of myself rather than a negative one.
    I have a few photos of myself 40lbs lighter and it motivates me to get back to that point because I looked so healthy and good.

Also everyday fined a new reason why you want this.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have a photo that my hubby took for me. I told him to make sure I was in the worst angle in the photo. He got a good (or should I say bad) one!!! I had that picture photoshopped so it look like I lost 50 pounds. I have it hanging all over the house...fridge, pantry, bathroom.....

But then when I lost 12 pounds I took a new photo and it was nice to have the side by side to see my progress. Use your photo to your advantage!!! Motivation comes in many forms:smile:

P.S....here is my 12 lb lost photo

wootk.jpg
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I though I looked fantastic on my wedding day, but in reality I had forgotten to take my sunglasses off the top of my head and it looked like I had a growth on my side, I guess I must have stuck something down the side of my skirt and I looked 20 lbs more than I felt. Luckily you could see how happy I was, which was nice. Oh well. Lets just keep on trying.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Just remember that we are our own worst critics. Rather than focusing on how far you have to go concentrate on how far you come and the fact that you are now armed with the knowledge and support to be successful :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    its all about health, not photo's. I echo the previous comments. Feeling good, being healthy, getting rid of meds and living longer is a lot sweeter then a good looking photo. Do u think those super models are healthy...I think not.

Paul

Do you think those super model photos we see haven't been touched up ??? We could all look that way with photoshop :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

Paul

Do you think those super model photos we see haven't been touched up ??? We could all look that way with photoshop :laugh:

I was upset when they wanted to touch up my senior pictures and get rid of my freckles! I'm a redhead, what is wrong with freckles? That was 35 years ago. be yourself, you are beautiful!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Paul

I was upset when they wanted to touch up my senior pictures and get rid of my freckles! I'm a redhead, what is wrong with freckles? That was 35 years ago. be yourself, you are beautiful!

They took my freckles off of my senior photos too...grrrr!
  • hickory
    hickory Posts: 42
    Options
    I actually had a wake up call like that a few years ago. It was after my 2nd son was born and I hadn't lost the weight. We took a family photo and I was HORRIFIED at how I looked. So...that very moment I started eating right and exercising (did weight watchers back then) and I lost it all and then some in just a few months. I kept that ugly picture on my mirror - and each month I put up a new one next to it. It was so exciting to see each picture looking better and better. I wouldn't say I'm a good picture taker anyway, but that definitely was the kick in the butt I needed.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Paul

I agree! Health is the important thing! It's sad that as a society, we don't value athletic performance and fitness as much as looks. I care more about feeling good and being fit, than fitting into a certain size!