A scale in my bathroom is a risk to my sanity.

Options
I think I have been addicted to something for the first time in my life and I need A&E's INTERVENTION to save me. I walk into my bathroom every morning and am so tempted to jump on the scale and see how much I weigh (Or in other words DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY)
I don't know why I torture myself by seeing my weight fluctuate up and down by a pound or two. I walk by the scale in the morning like a recovering alcoholic who walks by a Bud Light commercial and is drooling at the mouth. Are their support groups for people who are dieting and are tempted by the scale and pray for a quick fast weight loss.
I know that losing the weight I am hoping for is going to take hard work, discipline, and a lot of time......SO WHY DO I KEEP LOOKING AT THE SCALE EVERY MORNING!!!!!!!!!! AAARRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :embarassed:

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    HAHA same here! We all want to see results, some of us just a little faster than others I guess!!
  • jillellice
    jillellice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm down 10 lbs and I weight myself every damn day. I saw the # go up by 2 and I'm obsessing over it. I weighed myself twice today. And probably tomorrow again. I know I need to stop but I feel like I need constant reassurance that I'm doing well.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record whenever I see it drop. It helps me learn some of the things I need to work on eating. For example if I eat alot of sodium one day the next day I will be a pound or 2 heavier so I know I need to watch it.
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite. I weigh myself every monday. And that's it. I can't live by what the scale says. I think for me its about me living healthy and feeling better about myself.-not just losing weight. So if I'm constantly needing the acceptance of the scale-then in turn my attention has gone to the amount loss, not the end result. I know it may be hard, and yes-we all want the pounds to come off NOW! Right?! I mean who doesn't?? But they aren't. That's fact. So instead of driving yourself crazy about what the scale says, think about the benefits you will receive for living a healthier lifestyle....
    I hope this helps (sorry I rambled)
    :)
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid stepping on it for a week! Use this to strengthen your will. While you and the scale are on a "break", start seeing your mirror. You just might like the change and when you meet the scale again you might be happy.
  • Rockontoothpicks
    Options
    Thanks. Good advice
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Scales tend to lie and fluctuate throughout the day. I try to limit myself to once a day and at the same time (ie in mornings before I workout/eat). And measurements are the best way to keep track of things I find.
  • nesstle
    nesstle Posts: 62
    Options
    im the same! but if i dont have it i worry im going to put on the weight or restrict to much incase i over eat and put weight back on!