Poaching Chicken instead...

Options
Tonight I wanted to boil some chicken for a salad that I wanted to have for dinner. I pulled up my good friend, Google, and found the following site:

http://www.chefdarin.com/2011/04/why-boiled-chicken-is-bad/

So I gave it a shot and it really worked. The chicken was a lot more tender and juicy than boiled chicken I have made in the past and was great on my salad.

On a side note, I learned that if you use frozen chicken it takes twice as long. I got my concoction up to a boil and then put the chicken in and removed from heat. I covered with foil and then let it sit for 15 minutes. I then removed the chicken and brought it back to a boil and then put the chicken back in for another 15 minutes after removing the pot from the heat source.

Hope you all enjoy!

Replies

• renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll have to try it.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LOVE boiling chicken! Then you also have homemade chicken broth! After you remove the chicken add some spices and veggies, cook them up... YUM!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love poached chicken. I always get those directions confused with how to boil an egg and am always "googling"
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I often poach chicken - it comes out so nicely juicy and tender!
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did try this with chicken tenders and it worked nicely. My kids loved them.