Options

Replies

• joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has a crockpot section
  • lindsaymo34
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a fabulous website and she has many crock pot recipes. All the ones I've tried are delicious and easy. I'm a full-time graduate student and also work and it's a lifesaver.
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    skinny.taste.com
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just made great refried beans. A package of dry pinto beans (or red speckled beans) 9 cups of water and 4 cloves of garlic, an onion, some ground cumin and salt. I dumped it in put it on high and 6-7 hours later, I mashed with my potato masher. They kicked butt. I think everything all together cost me less than $2 USD (about R12 South African Rands) and made about 10 servings. I serve with Salsa and a spoon of yogurt for lunch for the hubby and me, and we both love it!

Also they turn out to be only 133 cal per serving. booyah!

This sounds amazing!!!xx
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Go to http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ she has amazing reciepes!

Love her blog!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I just made great refried beans. A package of dry pinto beans (or red speckled beans) 9 cups of water and 4 cloves of garlic, an onion, some ground cumin and salt. I dumped it in put it on high and 6-7 hours later, I mashed with my potato masher. They kicked butt. I think everything all together cost me less than $2 USD (about R12 South African Rands) and made about 10 servings. I serve with Salsa and a spoon of yogurt for lunch for the hubby and me, and we both love it!

Also they turn out to be only 133 cal per serving. booyah!

how large is your package of pinto beans? 1lb?
  • duffgurl50
    Options
    Here are some breakfast recipes from http://theyummylife.com The apple cinnamon is great! I haven't tried the others yet. By my calculations this one is only 130 calories per serving. I posted pictures, but I do not think they will show.

Slow Cooker, Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal

By Monica Servings: 7 (3/4-cup) servings

Ingredients

· 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)

· 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk

· 1-1/2 cups water

· 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats

· 2 tablespoons brown sugar

· 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces

· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

· 2 teaspoons ground flax seed

· 1/4 teaspoon salt

· Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter

Directions

Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for 7 hours. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.

Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 pts per 3/4 cup serving

Slow Cooker, Cherry Almond Steel-Cut Oatmeal

Ingredients

· 3/4 cup dried tart cherries

· 1 apple, peeled and grated (approx. 1 cup grated); or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

· 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

· 1-1/2 cups water

· 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats

· 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (omit or substitute margarine for lactose-free, vegan)

· 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

· 1/4 teaspoon salt

· Optional garnishes: toasted sliced almonds, maple syrup, additional almond milk or butter

Directions

Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for 7 hours. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup almond milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.

Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 pts per 3/4 cup serving

Slow Cooker, Banana & Coconut Milk Steel-Cut Oatmeal

Ingredients

· 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced (approx. 2 cups)

· 2 (14 oz) cans light coconut milk*

· 1 cup water

· 1 cup steel cut oats

· 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (omit or substitute margarine for lactose-free, vegan)

· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

· 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

· 1/4 teaspoon salt

· Optional garnishes: additional sliced bananas, chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts, toasted coconut, maple syrup, additional brown sugar, additional coconut milk or butter

Directions

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup milk or water. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6 pts per 3/4 cup serving

*Find coconut milk in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    CLUB HOUSE! Club House, Club House, Club House! They are only about 25cal/serving, or 100 cal/package!

*Beef Stew
    *Pot Roast - It's a gravy mix
    *Italian Style Chicken - mmmmm
    *Alfredo Sauce - Probably one of my FAVOURITES!!!!

And I also like to boil the chicken bones from roast chicken to make soup in mine :) leave it simmer overnight, & you can de-bone in the morning, then add your veggies & head to work! It's GENIOUS!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Crockpot oatmeal!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Crockpot is the best way to precook chicken that I have found.

1 Bag Frozen Chicken Breasts
    1 cup low sodium chicken broth
    Mrs Dash Garlic Seasoning (or whatever flavor you want)
    1/2 cup water

Low for 8-10 hrs (over night for me)
    Chicken comes out really juicy w/ a lot of flavor, heats up great never dries out. You can pull it apart if you want a bbq pulled chicken sandwich.

Beef Stew
    1lb pork loin (cut into chunks - eye of round or some other lean meat)
    packet of stew seasonings
    1 c low sodium (or organic) beef broth
    large bag baby carrots
    sweet yellow onion
    5-6 red potatoes or 1-2 medium sweet potatoes

Mix seasoning packet with broth and water
    Line bottom of crockpot with cut potatoes. I actually use both sweet for me and red for family.
    Add carrots above those
    Brown beef with onions (just to get the sear on the outside of the meat)
    Add to crockpot.
    Pour seasoned mixture over it all
    Low for 8 hrs (approx)

Those are just some basics, things that I just throw together. You can use any sort of seasonings you want. Chicken/Beef broth come in handy just try to stick to low sodium or organic. I'm going to try pork tenderloin this week at some point.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have Crockpot Santa Fe in mine right now and it is done, just cooling off. Recipe is here http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

I have a pic but can not figure out how to post it!
  • pwak
    pwak Posts: 9
    Options
    bump...love using my crockpot. But don't forget to put it back on low after having it on high the time before. I did that today and oh my was my chicken DRY!! It's a wonder it wasn't shriveled up to a hard rock.:tongue:
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
  • mookie73
    Options
    Hi, here is a great crockpot recipe.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen). Take out of package and put in large ziplock bag and freeze. When ready to use, take out of freezer and bag. Need large jar of Pace Picante salsa. Put a little Pace Picante Salsa (original, medium) I bottom of crockpot about 1/4 cup. Place chicken breasts on top of salsa. Pour remaining jar of salsa on top of chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours. Come home, shred chicken in crockpot with fork. Serve on corn tortillas with black beans, cheese, Avacado cilantro and green onions.

You can cook tortillas with cooking spray in pan. Enjoy!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I thought this said new crack pot owner!
  • toshasheree
    Options
    bump
  • MissMichellemybelle
    Options
    bump
  • nursy911
    Options
    I have a great one that I actually made for dinner tonight......

4 chicken breasts
    i package taco seasoning
    1 jar salsa

Mix together and cook on low all day (6-8 hours).

(When you get home...the chicken is so tender that you can easily pull it apart with a fork!)

Wheat tortillas
    Shredded cheese
    Light sour cream
    Salsa (if desired)

This makes GREAT Mexican-style chicken soft tacos!

I love this because it is relatively cheap, very easy, and healthy.....The clean-up is a snap as well!!

ENJOY