Realistic goals?

Options
Is it realistic to lose 40-50 pounds in 4 months? I plan on doing 30 day shred and the elliptical for 30 minutes everyday with a mix of winsor pilates 3 days a week and cutting my calories to 1200 a day?

Tips and advice please! :)

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Can it be done? Yes. Can it be done healthy? No. I would shoot for 30lbs in that amount of time as a max.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think that depends on how much you have to lose. Is that your total weight loss goal? If so it might be a bit optimistic. If you have a lot more than that to lose than it might be possible. It took me 6 months to lose 30 lbs, but the first 20 lbs only took 2 months and the last 10 took 4. The closer to your goal you get sometimes it gets harder to take it off.
  • maevestewart
    Options
    Yes it can be done, but you have to think about maintaining your life style and the long term sustainability. If you restrict your diet and push your body too much you will be tired irratable. It also makes it more likely that you will put the weight back on after that period. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race :)
  • ambernicholewms
    Options
    I would like to lose 60-70 pounds. In the past I have lost 17lbs by going to gym and doing the elliptical everyday for a hour with eating 1200 calories a day. It took me about a month and half to achieve that. I know 50 is a lot to lose in 4 months I just want a good plan to stick to.
  • datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just set a weight that I want to get to (170 to begin with) then I just go with it. I do not set any goals as to when I want to lose the weight. I try and keep the worrying out of it. And without worrying, I still manage to lose 1-2 pounds a week which I hear is the suggested amount.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just set a weight that I want to get to (170 to begin with) then I just go with it. I do not set any goals as to when I want to lose the weight. I try and keep the worrying out of it. And without worrying, I still manage to lose 1-2 pounds a week which I hear is the suggested amount.

I do the same thing. I lost about 28 lbs and it seriously took me a year lol
    No need to rush unless you have a fitting of some sort I suppose?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you only need to lose 40 lbs, then it's def not a wise idea to lose it in 4 months as you will be much less likely to keep it off, and will likely have to go to some kind of *extreme* measures to get the weight off that quickly. However, if you have more than that to lose, like 100lbs, maybe 40 in 4 months is not really as unreasonable.