Discouraged

Options
Do any of you get discouraged when you read and see pictures of people who started mfp the same time you did, but lost so much more weight? I love to read success stories, but on the other hand, I can get so down on myself for not sticking with it and having the same success that others have had.

Replies

• HeidiLynnM
    Options
    I am sure it will be hard for me to see too, but if you are on top of your goals and calories you should be good. Some people lose weight faster than others maybe?
  • newlaura30
    Options
    try not to get down hearted everyone looses weight so differently and just think if you'd never started you wouldn't have lost anything and may have gained more. your doing great keep it up xxx
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I know its hard...and it can be discouraging seeing others success when you ar struggling. What do you feel like is holding you back from giving it your all? Are you setting your expectations to high?
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    every body is different and i am just happy for those who have lost weight. there are many factors that contribute to each and every individuals weight loss, so i try not to beat myself up for it.
  • skinnyelle74
    Options
    try not to compare yourself with others and focus on your health and how much more energy you have!
  • FAPT
    FAPT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Everybody is different and loses weight at a different pace. You have lost some weight, and consistency with your exercise and nutrition is the key to continuing to lose weight. There are many factors which affect weight loss, if you are on the right track nutrition wise then perhaps you can try changing your exercise - do a variety of types and intensity of exercise to give your body a bit of a shock .
  • shelliedanielle
    Options
    It may be hard, but dont give up, sometimes people lose it faster or slower, but if you stick with it you will be ok and more encouraged.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Try using their successes as another motivator.
    b+
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi- I was discouraged last year as I watched a friend lose almost 50 pounds from January to June. I kept thinking that could have been me! I realized this year that 6 months seems like a long time, but in 6 months from now the same amount of time will have passed whether I lose this weight or not. So let's start now!
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Do any of you get discouraged when you read and see pictures of people who started mfp the same time you did, but lost so much more weight? I love to read success stories, but on the other hand, I can get so down on myself for not sticking with it and having the same success that others have had.

I am the same way. I like success stories too, because they give me hope that I, too, can loose the weight. I started trying to do more excersizes. Excersizing is no fun, but when the scale isn't moving it IS discouraging.

I am trying to make it more fun. I love music, and dancing, so when I am dusting or vacuuming I play music and dance. I made a play list of fun goofy music, and then just dance my heart out until the list is over. I have a 1 year old who dances along, which helps to keep me motivated. :happy:

I guess what I am trying to say is, find your music. What ever you get the most excited about, overdo it a little. I started, and I just, finally, lost my first 2lbs. ( I dieted for 3 months before I started MFP)

I hope this helps.
  • mandy42smith
    Options
    One thing I do when I get discouraged is google positive affirmations for weight loss. Some nice quotes on there and always makes me feel better. Hang in there you can do this. Mandy

13236620.png
  • kyjohnwall11
    Options

I wouldn't let it discourage me. I would let it motivate me to try even harder!