"Burmuda Triangle".. im dying guys...plz help :*(

Options
hello there

my name is sabrek im from kuwait, 28 male married with a kid.

if u guys solve this problem...i promise u that u would give me the key to my eternal happiness and health.

its kinda weird problem but i will say it anyway...if there any psychologicl doctors here it would help more :*(

when i do my diet and exercise everything is perfect...eating my exact portions of food with doing my exact exercises etc etc

the dead end is....when the clock comes around 12:30 noon to 2:00 noon its wat i call "Burmuda Triangle" for me
here in kuwait we have a national big nasty unresistable meal called "Machboos" its a combination of rice with chicken or meat and its been cooked with a secret kuwaiti way wich makes u die'ing not to eat it .

the thing is....i can resist that meal in any given day twice on sunday IF IT ONLY outside of the "burmuda triangle" wich is like i said "from 12:30 - 2:00 noon".

i know this sounds crazy but its the only thing stopping me from completing my journey for life...in the past i had many success and finished 30 kg's down multi times....but when i come around this dreaded "burmuda triangle" i get sucked in....specially when u come back from work tired all day and hungry as hell and u get inside the house ...and the maid cooked world's best Machboos...this is where i give in the devil's hole.

and sadly i cant tell the maid not to cook because she also want to eat and we have a small apartment so :(

i know some of u will say its just a "willpower" problem but howcome and i can resist anything else in the world but this?
one thing for sure is i can't face it face-to-face.

i know this sounds funny and maybe silly story...but its the only reason i been crying all night long ..im close to 135 kg with a 5"6 height and not far away from being 30 old im in deep danger of many health problems.

if there is anyone out there that know the solution...plz help

thx for reading really appreciate it

Replies

• sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    what can you do when death comes your way...and you are hopeless
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is happening to you!!

What about working this meal into your allotted calories? If need be, scale back calories elsewhere and just do a smaller portion of this meal. That way, it's not denying yourself but not going overboard.

Before you do this meal, snack on low calorie, healthy things like broccoli, bell peppers, celery, etc.

Good luck!!!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried just figuring it into your daily food intake? We fail when we have to give up the things we love to eat. You may have to cut down on portion size, but at least you'd still be able to indulge a bit. If you could figure out the calories, etc., just work it into your daily meal plan.
  • TaraBeFree
    TaraBeFree Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Can you plan your daily calories around it? How about measuring it out and then having some sides like fruit or vegetables? Is there a way of modifying the recipe/ingredients to make the dish balanced and nutritious - maybe using chicken breasts or seafood? Since I have not heard of this particular dish these might not be reasonable suggestions. However, I find it best to plan my day in advance including measurements and then stick with it. If I am worried about showing up somewhere and not having a lot of control, I will have a higher protein snack before I arrive to help curb the cravings. I'll do this before going home from work so that I'm not cooking when I am really hungry. Hopefully you'll get some suggestions that help. Good luck.
  • sabrekism
    Options
    the worst part is that "machboos" meal is almost impossible meal to calculate its calories....im a calories counting guy btw
  • bluejay74
    Options
    that time of the day is really hard for a lot of people with out the extra temptation of a scrummy meal being served up.

Have you tried eating your other meals a bit later or eating a little more of lower calorie foods so you are fuller leading up to the big black hole part of the afternoon ?

Also do you have diet or diabetic jelly / dessert type products there in Kuwait ? I find I have a diet jelly made with half water and half sprite zero and it helps me get through the afternoon.

Boredom doesn't help either. Not sure what you exercise etc routine is like but maybe you can change it or accommodate a walk during this period to make you feel better and take your mind off it or read a book play on the computer or something similar to take your mind off it while sipping on water which will fill you up. I also use sugar free gum or lollies in moderation to try to curb my cravings during this black hole period for me.

Good Luck
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I totally get this. I'm neurotic with numbers, weighing/measuring food, getting on the scale multiple times, etc.

In cases like this, take a deep breath. Then, roughly calculate a serving of chicken, a serving of rice and this other ingredient. Use like the palm of your hand to guage the portion of chicken. Your fist, for instance, for a serving size of rice.
    Then, what I'd do is add about 100 extra calories for cushion.
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    the worst part is that "machboos" meal is almost impossible meal to calculate its calories....im a calories counting guy btw

I found a few recipes after a quick search. Looks like one serving (unsure of what amount that may be) is around 400 calories, so you should be okay to figure that in. Enjoy it, but use your willpower to not overdo and you should be fine :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

It's possible - just go through the recipe and enter in each value individually for each ingredient. MFP has a recipe creator on here, so you can even divide it into portions. Next time the maid makes it, you could just ask her what she is putting into it and measure the amounts out then. It could be a lot less than you think, or a lot more. It's definitely worth trying anyways. And if it's something you can't resist, have the maid make something else. She can still eat that way, and then you won't be so tempted. :smile: Best of luck to you!
  • sabrekism
    Options

I found a few recipes after a quick search. Looks like one serving (unsure of what amount that may be) is around 400 calories, so you should be okay to figure that in. Enjoy it, but use your willpower to not overdo and you should be fine :)

do u have the link?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You can estimate the calorie count. If you can't find a way to work it in doing what you have been doing, work out more to gain some extra calories for eating. Work hard, eat big. Good luck!
  • sabrekism
    Options
    Life, it seems, will fade away
    Drifting further every day
    Getting lost within myself
    Nothing matters, no one else

I have lost the will to live
    Simply nothing more to give
    There is nothing more for me
    Need the end to set me free

Things not what they used to be
    Missing one inside of me
    Deathly lost, this can't be real
    Can't stand this hell I feel

Emptiness is filling me
    To the point of agony
    Growing darkness taking dawn
    I was me, but now he's gone

No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
    Now I can't think, think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
    Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye - metallica's fade away

P.S : im greatly thankful for the responds thx <3
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    You can estimate the calorie count. If you can't find a way to work it in doing what you have been doing, work out more to gain some extra calories for eating. Work hard, eat big. Good luck!

This!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    cant you get your maid to help you figure out the calories? why is it so impossible if she is cooking it?
  • sabrekism
    Options
    gonna do quick calculations...pray for me :D u guys gave me hope
  • TaraBeFree
    TaraBeFree Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I looked recipes online as well. It looks like a wonderful dish - I might even try to make it sometime. I agree with what's been said above. Keep to the leaner pieces of chicken without the skin, use basmati rice (whole grain if possible or another kind that is slower for your system to digest), add an estimate for the calories in the sauce and have 1-2 additional servings of vegetables along with your meal. Then make sure you are drinking your water and getting in your exercise, and you should be good. It appears that the dish is only about 400 calories for 3-4oz of chicken with around 2/3 cup of rice. Moderation and planning seem to be key. I know if I tell myself that I can't have it, that's when I really want it.

Another suggestion is to plan to have the dish once per week or whatever works. That way you could use walking or other exercise as motivation to 'earn' a larger portion.

You can do it.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, and just do it.
    How bad do you want to be fit?

To see this through, look deep inside and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set this goal.

And then answer for yourself this:
    Why don't I want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    If it were me, I'd eat at 10:30am - a nice meal, and at 12 noon go exercise.
    Nothing is more irresistible than being fit - not even fabulous food.

You must decide right now where your priorities are and what's most important.
    Good Luck to you!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Life, it seems, will fade away
    Drifting further every day
    Getting lost within myself
    Nothing matters, no one else

I have lost the will to live
    Simply nothing more to give
    There is nothing more for me
    Need the end to set me free

Things not what they used to be
    Missing one inside of me
    Deathly lost, this can't be real
    Can't stand this hell I feel

Emptiness is filling me
    To the point of agony
    Growing darkness taking dawn
    I was me, but now he's gone

No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
    Now I can't think, think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
    Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye - metallica's fade away

P.S : im greatly thankful for the responds thx <3
    What is this garbage?
    Friend, you are filling yourself with negativity.
    Metallica, like so many bands and musicians, prey upon our weak nature with songs that appeal to our dark side - especially depression, loneliness, anger and want.
    STOP THIS!

Fill your soul with good, positive influences.
    And we wonder why our modern societies are so medicated.....
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi. If you go into your food diary and recipe section, you can add every single ingredient and work out how many portions that would cook, then you will get a more accurate reading of your calories. That way if you know how many calories it is then you will have to refrain from having just a smaller bit or if the calories are lower than you thought, you might be able to have a bit more!

You could also go for a long walk. find out how long you need to walk before reaching the total number of calories and then do that. Then if you can go for a walk beforehand, when you come back you can actually sit down and enjoy your machboo!

Or, as someone else has suggested, trying using leaner cuts of meat to make the dish, white meat is healthy than red meat, and fish even better.

Good luck. x