ADDICTED TO GARLIC BREAD!!

Options
lisaelainee
lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
Anybody have any recipes for healthier garlic bread?

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Replying with MUCH LOVE for this topic. I had to give up the garlic cheese bread at Old Spaghetti Factory because of the insane number of calories per serving, and I'd love getting some healthier recipes as well.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rhonda and I too am addicted to garlic bread!
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How about using sandwich thins with low fat butter and garlic? That'll come in at less than 130 cals? xxxx
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I found this, it's only 113 calories.
    Is it too much to ask for that garlic bread can be almost no calories? xD
    http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/really-low-fat-garlic-bread-recipe-10126
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh no.. I'm sad because there really is no substitute for garlic bread.. :( You just can't mess with perfection. However, when I crave garlic bread I make these "chips...." I take a flour tortilla and brush a teeny tiny bit of olive oil, sprinkle a little garlic salt, and cut 'it into wedges. Then I just bake it at 350* for 8-10 minutes. Should be crispy and lightly browned.. I know it isn't exactly fat-free but it has really been a life saver for me. Sometimes I use basil and mini heirloom tomatoes.. maybe a touch of garlic and balsamic.. The nice thing about this is the right tortilla can be just under 100 calories.. maybe 110.. but you can make just one.. quick and easy. When I make these I feel like I've indulged much more than I actually have.
  • Bradyns
    Bradyns Posts: 22
    Options
    I would suggest using wholemeal or seeded bread.
    Low fat butter.

Scour the internet for recipes to make your own garlic butter out of healthier ingredients, then just apply it to the wholemeal or seeded bread.

That way you know close to the exact composition, compared to the processed stuffed.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It wont taste as buttery as normal garlic bread but definitely try:

Philadelphia Light with Garlic and Herbs + mix in some freshly chopped parsely + pinch of salt.

Spread into slices of a Weighwatchers par-baked baguette, or wholemeal pitta bread or wholemeal baguette + then bake.

Not bad!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    How about using sandwich thins with low fat butter and garlic? That'll come in at less than 130 cals? xxxx

The garlic bread I eat is only 130 calories, It's actually from Save-a-lot :)

Good luck I too am addicted to it!!!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I really like using a thin slice of french bread topped with garlic hummus, then broiled for a few minutes.