New to this

Options
Hi I am Christy and I love love love this thing. so far so good. just having trouble between lunch and breakfast.

Replies

• laurenrose24
    laurenrose24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christy! good luck on your journey :)
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's a long couple of hours isn't it :D

I find a big protein filled breakfast helps loads! 2 egg omlette with cheese, or one egg in a toasted pitta. Keeps me full for 4-5 hours!

That or porridge! mmm porridge :)
  • shutch19
    shutch19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    try having a piece of fruit between these times...i find a banana helps me through this time, try looking for something small, semi low in calories but satisfying at the same time.. hope you manage to find something that suits you :)
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

I agree with lrd2010. Eating lots of protein for breakfast helps me stay full until lunch.

Good luck :)
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    welcome..i had to play with my breakfasts and get used to eating on a schedule again when I started last year. Days when I am just starving when I wake i eat oatmeal with flax seed, the oil from flax and the fiber will help you feel full. Protein does not make me personally feel full, ever.

my typical meals contain at least 1 serving fruit/vege, 1 serving protein, 1 serving whole grain (preferably without sugar~ the less refined the better), and 1 serving of healthy fat.

Planning was also very important to me when I started. I plan less now because it is more habit BUT i still plan at least my day in the AM mentally, sometimes I just don't write it down until meal time.

Good luck ;):flowerforyou:
  • richelle67
    Options
    For breakfast almost everyday, I eat a omelet made with 1 cup of egg beaters than I load it with mushrooms, spinach, turkey breast and laughing cow cheese. Alot of the times I can't eat it all. It keeps me going for at least 5 hours.Also, you could try to eat a piece of toast with your breakfast to see if that fills you up more. Try keeping a snack size bag of almonds handy for when you get hungry or carrots!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new too yesterday was my join 1st day theres so many lovely people on here.
    I drink green decaff tea it fills me up :) x