10 days in , have public diary , am I on right track?

Options
I don't quite understand what I should aim for , looking at the proportions in the pie-graph for fat, protein and carbs. If anyone can look at my diary and help me adjust it if necessary I would love that. Feeling quite bloated at the moment. But I didn't list the diet to Oc soda I guzzled yesterday , I think I drank a whole bottle! ( hate water)

Replies

• racerZ28
    Options
    Hello....I sometimes struggle with slow weight loss, even when I'm sticking to my goal. Generally seems that what I eat is about as important as how much I eat. I try to stick to more protein in relation to carbs, but I'm not exactly doing a low carb. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want to....I'll do what I can to share, help & encourage you along your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You've made a good start.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would say just from your post you are not on the right track. You should be logging every single thing that you eat and drink!!! This is a numbers game and if you are skewing the numbers you are only cheating yourself. I am not saying you can't have the stuff you like but it has to fit into your calorie count or you are really wasting your time. I am super anal about my logging, I was tempted to start logging my lip gloss because it tastes so sweet I can't believe it has no calorie content :laugh: ((((((just kidding)))))))

I saw a thread on making flavored waters, if you can't stand drinking water. Look it up, it might help to add some water to your intake :flowerforyou: Good luck
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing quite well!

Perhaps up your intake of fresh veggies – I don't see many there. Try and cook from scratch whenever you can and make sure you get variety in your diet.

Maybe record in your notes when you feel bloated to try and spot the pattern.

Good luck :o)
  • lilnix88
    lilnix88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing really well already but try switching your breakfast cereal to special k (red berries) theres only about 170 calories in a bowl (that includes the milk) and like has already been mentioned try adding a few veggies in, veggies are really filling with little calories, i always try and do a little cardio exercise every day, try running up and down the stairs as fast as you can for 2 mins you'l be suprised how many calories that actually burns :wink:
    feel free to add me
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It looks great to me. Keep up the good eating habits.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand what I should aim for , looking at the proportions in the pie-graph for fat, protein and carbs. If anyone can look at my diary and help me adjust it if necessary I would love that. Feeling quite bloated at the moment. But I didn't list the diet to Oc soda I guzzled yesterday , I think I drank a whole bottle! ( hate water)

Great start, except in order for MFP to work, you have to log EVERYTHING, including things you drink. Calories add up fast when you drink sodas and juices, and you will see how much of your food calories they take away. Keep up the good work!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just one question: How are you calculating your calories burned?

If you are using MFP's estimates I would try not eating all of them aim for 75%ish, as MFP tends to over estimate calories burned.

Also if you are only trying to lose than than 10lbs, your weekly weight loss goal should not be to try and lose more than 0.5lbs/week, otherwise a large % of your loss will be from lean muscle, instead of fat.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Add some more veggies and fruit into your diet. And I was also wondering if you were over estimating your exercise calories.

But other than that, it looks good. You are on the right track.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Are you really only attempting to lose 3.5 lbs (per your ticker)? I lose that in water weight monthly (girl time). Lol! If so, a 1200 cal/day allotment may be too low. Do you have your goals set to lose 2 lbs per week?