Oh Jillian! Ripped vs 30 DS?

Options
I've been using 30 DS all week (including twice yesterday....I could sure feel that this morning). The workout is challenging but not impossible.

Have any of you used both? What are your thoughts between the two? I've rented 30DS from the library but Ripped is not available, so I'm pondering ordering from Amazon.

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well - I have Ripped in 30 on my Amazon Wishlist.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 by far is harder than the 30 Day Shred. I own all Jillians videos and I love her to pieces! I guess I should mention the only one I don't own is Yoga because......me hates :)
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too. I have Ripped and it is intense! I know a lot of people did 30DS before. Is it not as hard?
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    i've done both and they feel almost the same difficulty level.

however, i like ripped in 30 more- for some reason it moves faster for me and it seems like she incorporates weights more.
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    My opinion, Ripped is MUCH harder! I recently did the 30 day shred, but I am glad I did to prepare me for Ripped!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ripped in 30 is much more of a challenge and i think you get faster results as far as muscle tone and abs :-)
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think 30DS is harder because I understand the moves better so I can do them really well. I also think level 1 of Ripped is pretty easy.

Here are her videos in order of which is in highest rotation for me and my thoughts. What about you all?

30 day shred , ripped in 30, and extreme shed are pretty similar (the last one being a bit longer) are my favorites. 30DS is my favorite.
    NMTZ is great for days that I don't do cardio. It is really hard but I just do 25 minutes at a time. It is intense for me.
    BFBM is too long of cardio in a dvd for me, I'd rather run, bike, swim, skate on a day I'm going to do that much cardio.
    6 pack abs was too hard for me, only tried it once and didn't finish.
    Buns of steel, or something like that, I didn't buy because I think it will be like 6 pack abs
    Yoga meltdown is pretty good but I hardly do it becaue I am not too familiar with yoga and feel like I have to look at the tv too much.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Up the dumbells and continue doing 30 ds, its a good way to get the form down on lunges and squats, and working on the contraction in the abs. Or do Ripped instead, if you feel you have the form down already and really need a challenge.
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ripped in 30 is much more of a challenge and i think you get faster results as far as muscle tone and abs :-)
    im so envious of your pic !! and you have had 2 kids.. my stomach is disgusting !!! xx
  • Supajoi
    Supajoi Posts: 22
    Options
    Ok, so those of you who have done the 30DS, do you just log it as cardio workout? (also, how much?) There is alot of what I feel is strength training in the workouts too, so should it not be logged as bot cardio and strength training??
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i log it as circuit training general - 222 mins x
  • Meraai82
    Meraai82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't done 30DS yet, but recently started with Ripped in 30...Actually starting week 2 today!
    I don't see myself as a beginner when it comes to training and I run 10km races every weekend, but I seriously had to follow the moderator/beginner when it came to this DVD! I sweat more in 35 minuts of Ripped in 30 than I do in a 45min spinning class, or an hour of bootcamp! I can definately feel a difference in strenght between day 1 and day 6, so I will definately recommend Ripped in 30! Jillian is seriously kicking my butt every night, but I'm loving it!