Runners..

Options
So this past year I ran races (of my entire life). It is such a big success for me I feel like I should show the bibs I am thinking of: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TeamHeflin?page=1

Does anyone else have a better idea?

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I would really like to know what people do with their bibs!?!?
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My bibs are all currently crammed in a drawer. I need to do something with them. I've considered scrapbooking them with a picture from each race, but I hardly have time to scrapbook my kids stuff let alone my races. lol
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have all of mine hung up in my apartment! :) Currently I have three, but I have 6 races lined up for 2012, so am thinking about moving them to an album!
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I keep mine. Write the date, my time, my placing etc on the back and keep them in a race bib book along with all my medals. They are like badges of honors :)
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have all mine in a metal box. I write the date and my time on the back.... They are in order from bottom to top - first race I ever ran to most recent. They mean a TON to me, but no one else really knows how hard I worked for them! My medals are all hung on tie racks.... they are on my 'wall of fame.'
  • sherriernst
    sherriernst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 2 years & have collected a lot of bibs. A friend & fellow runner made me a bib book - it is like a scrapbook & you put all your bibs in it. You can document what race it was from, who you ran with, your time, if it was a PR....etc...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Mine are in a photo album with the date, time, pace and name of race (if it's not already on there).
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I hope this link works. I plan on making one of these, but with hooks on the bottom to hang medals (I have two so far...one finishers and one 2nd place!)

https://pinterest.com/pin/153263193538629399/
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I want my husband to make me something like this so i can display them

http://fannetasticfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FitnessDVDsYayorNay_7D65/015_thumb.jpg
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have 40 bibs (since April 2010) with race name, date, time, AG place, etc in a binder, but I'm trying to figure something out.
  • mbertagnolli
    Options
    I keep my bibs in my dresser with my medals, but I'm thinking about donating my medals to Medals4Mettle (http://medals4mettle.org/) where they are given to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses. You can get more info by visiting their website, but here's a quick blurb I pulled:

"Run fast. Run far. Run for a greater good.
    Medals4Mettle (M4M) is a non-profit organization that facilitates the gifting of marathon, half marathon, and triathlon finishers’ medals. Runners from around the world give their hard earned medals to Medals4Mettle. Our worldwide network of physicians and volunteers then awards these medals attached to a Medals4Mettle ribbon to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses who might not be able to run a race, but are in a race of their own just to continue to live their life. It is in honor of this mettle and courage in bravely facing these challenges that they are awarded a medal."

I know the medals mean a lot to me, but I can keep the bibs as souvenirs instead. As I overcome my challenges and meet my goals, I love the idea of sharing that success with others who rise up and face their own challenges, letting them know that although our struggles are not the same, they deserve recognition for the battles they fight.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 so far but they are pinned to the curtains in my bedroom.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I actually throw all mine away! Am I the only one?
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I keep my bibs in my dresser with my medals, but I'm thinking about donating my medals to Medals4Mettle (http://medals4mettle.org/) where they are given to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses.

Wow - that's a fantastic idea. My medals are all shoved underneath a bookshelf in my bedroom; as you may be able to tell, I'm not all that sentimental about the objects I get from the races! This is a wonderful thing to do. Has anyone here actually donated to this organization?
  • mbertagnolli
    Options
    I'm curious about that too... I first read about the project in an issue of Canadian Running, but haven't known anyone who has sent theirs in. Maybe it's time to start a trend among friends!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    bmp
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Medals & Ribbons I but on a cork board at work. Bibs I write the date, race if it's not there, time & distance and hang them from the floor joists in my basement. I haven't counted lately but there's a few. I know I have a race t-shirt for every day of the week.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Mostly I pitch mine. I did keep my marathon bib & wrote my time on it. I would like to find a better way to hang my medals though.
  • whoosh1
    whoosh1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine are sitting on the shelf but recently I saw an advertisement that turns your bib into some coasters. Neat idea.