New to fitnesspal

Options
Hi,
I just wanted to say Hi to everyone out there and let you all know that I am happy to be here. I have been a yo-yo dieter my whole life. I currently just completed phase 2 of the HCG diet, have heard good things and bad things about it. I am down 12 pounds and want to keep it off this time..so am trying to get myself into the habit of healthy food choices. I have worked out for years, but have realized that the bad foods that I was putting in to my body, was ruining whatever workout I had completed. I have been using the beachbody fitness products and love them. Chalene Johnson and her Turbo's are my favorite.

Well enough, just wanted to introduce myself.

Mary

Replies

• jjohn2602
    Options
    Hi All!

I am 25 years old and actually went on meds for anxiety a little bit ago, which contributed to me gaining 20lbs! And I have successfully weaned myself off of them for about a mnth now, but the weight is still there, though there is no change in my eating habits. So I went to my PCP today who gave me this website and suggested I try counting calories as it is the least restrictive dieting method.

So I am going to be beginning calorie counting the February 1. A new month, new eating habits, and hopefully a new body :)

My question is I really do not have ANY time to exercise. I go to graduate school, I do a 2 day a week internship, and I work full time. I literally have no time without exhausting myself. So I put that into my criteria when signing up for this website. And it put me at 1200 calories, losing 1.5 a week (750 deficit). That seems ridiculously low! Any one else eating that amount or have eaten that amount with success? Thanks! Looking forward to this journey!

Jessica
  • mnsunnie
    Options
    I stuck to 1400 calories for the past year. It is tough but it works. I have very little time for exercise, especially with work and winter months. I mainly ride my bike from spring to fall, but mostly 1400 calories does the trick.

Good Luck
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to MFP. Good luck on your weight loss journey if you need support feel free to add me
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I just joined this site yesterday after finding it by accident while looking for weight-loss advice and a calorie counter. Then I found the android app and Installed that. It seems like a bit of a pain to track everything I eat or drink, but I guess once I get used to it, it won't be so bad.
    I'm here to try to drop 35 lbs. I started with a drastic change in diet last week and managed to lose some weight. So I'm going to try to keep up with the healthy foods, in moderation. Previously I was an eating machine. I'd eat until I it hurt, literally. I just love to eat. So I'm trying to change that about myself and so far it's going well. Additionally, I'm slowly re-introducing exercise in to my routine. But that had been difficult as I am prone to shin-splints and plantar fasciitis. So that's been slow going.
    Anyhow...Glad to be here, hoping to make some friends, feel free to add me as a friend, you can never have too many.
    Good Luck Everyone!
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome!