What are you buying on pay day?

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
For those of us paid at the end of the month it's been a long one. Many of us got paid early in December before the Christmas close, spent it all on said holiday, then the sales. It seems like FOREVER since I had any money!

I'm on a budget but I plan to put £20 aside for an Amazon treat. I reckon with that I can get a workout DVD, a film DVD, a PC game and a paperback, or any combination thereof. Not the latest and greatest, but still goodies!

What will be your first purchase when the money fairy's been?

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Already ordered: Winter cycling gloved. My thumbs ACHED in the cold last weekend using my little running gloves. Cycling does not pump blood into your hands in the same way at all! Plus the extra wind chill factor!
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    Going to treat myself to some Clarins moisturiser and hope it lasts a long time x
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    P*rn.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    P*rn.
    People still pay for that?
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    P*rn.
    People still pay for that?

Just trying to make sure those aspiring actresses get some royalties ;-)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy Sherlock - Series 2 on DVD :happy:

I need to save this month as my car tax is due and I want to think about booking a summer holiday.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    A battery for my Ducati Monster.

JM
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pay day today, hurrah! :drinker:

Foo Fighters' Wasting Light
    Fresh figs
    New work shoes

And that's the treats finished, MOT and car tax due, blah-blah-blah...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    A haircut with a mani/pedi
    booze lots of booze lol:devil:
  • Kaymoney24
    Options
    SHOES! I usually buy myself shoes for Christmas every year but this year I wasnt able to. The right pair of heels can make any girl feel like they can take on the world :)
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    LOL at above comments. I just want to pay my bills for now!
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    New pants and new shirts! Old ones given away because they are too big!!!!!!!! Oh happy day!
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yay payday cant wait!!! im going to buy a wii game for my daughter and new baby grows for my son not very exciting :laugh:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    a new scale.. a food scale, A hrm, some new pants and a hair cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeaaaa for pay days
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    a new elliptical and a trip to the whole food market. Can't wait!
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    an audio book to go on my phone so i can listen to it instead of music when i walk the dogs!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Another month of electric, internet, car insurance and water. It's been a pretty tight month after the holidays!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I myself get paid every other week, so I have had two pays since Christmas... That being said, on my next pay (which is Feb 3) I have to buy another pair of running shoes. This time though I am buying a GOOD pair. A supportive pair! I will have to go get fitted for one professionally this time, especially if I expect to run a 5km marathon in March!

I feel bad because I am saving for a wedding and I just bought a nice pair before New Years but they aren't giving me the support I need so alas...I gotta do what I gotta do...lol I look at it as an investment for my wedding...the more I run the thinner and healthier I will feel for my wedding! :)
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I'm setting money aside for moving expenses and my trip to Paris.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Fun girly stuff! I'll be getting a refresh of my shellac manicure (if you haven't tried this yet, it's a must have) and will also be getting new shoes and an updo for an event the 1st weekenf of February.