Runners?

Options
zsaoosh
zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
I never ran more then 2 miles in my life but one day after a breakup I just got up and started running. I went from 2 miles to a half marathon within 4 months! After that I hurt myself and wasnt able to run for almost a year, but that was a year ago so there is no excuse now except its hard to start back up LOL. Now I am loosing a few pounds and trying to find the motivation again. Anyone out there do something they didnt think they could? Or have a similar goal?

Replies

• angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    Well done you for achieving a half marathon in only 4 months traning. Wow, it shows your determination. You will do this again no problem I reckon. I hope you are better now too.
    I got into running because I was told it was a great way to lose weight. I could only run under 1k at first and now hovering around the 12K mark. I have signed up for 3 races so far and have another 3 in mind so a nice year ahead! Half Marathon is for next year and I can't wait.
    I love running now and go out every opportunity I get... The dark winter evenings are so rubbish though so spring can't come quick enough for daily runs after work :)
    Hope for you that getting back into running goes well.
    Enjoy xx
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Running in the New York City Marathon this year. Being a smoker for most of my adult life, non-smoker since 7/7/2007, I didn't think I'd ever be in good enough shape to even attempt to run that distance.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    How awsome for both of you! Angw7, the best part was after running 10 miles I would come home, fry up some potatoes and eat pie! LOL 714rah714, is this your first marathon? Is it a full marathon? I felt so bad for this one guy that I saw running the full marathon, he was dragging his leg! Another guy got picked up by the ambulance with less then 1 mile to go! COULD YOU EMAGINE! 1 mile :(