Runners..

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I actually throw all mine away! Am I the only one?

nope. granted, most of my bibs are from mud runs and are filthy.
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have all my bibs over the years. I just ordered a BIBfolio was goneforarun.com. I love it.
    On the back of each bib I write the race, date, my finish time, weather. This helps me in how I am progressing or how conditions alter. I'm not fast, but I love them.

Great memories to cherish!!
  • muscl3mom
    Options
    Since running 'serious'---I have kept mine and hung themup in my office on a bulletin board (I work from home). I do (like most others) put the time and date on the back. As for my medals, I have hung them all from a mirror in my bedroom which has hooks on the bottom of it.

Lately, I have been considering giving my medals to "Medals for Mettle" http://medals4mettle.org/ ---it is a great organization that gives your medals to children who are physically ill and running the race of life. Has anyone done this?
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I do like others here and write all the info on the back of them. I than bring them to the house and hang them on the wall in my lil room ( Walk in closet) my wife has given me for my stuff. than I hang the medal over the bib. This is what I do and you just need to find what makes you happy and get with it. Have fun!!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i only keep the ones that jump me to a new bracket or that i PR, and then i put them in plastic sheet protectors and hang them with my medals.

my husband bought me this medal rack when i won my first medal for placing, and i display those in the family room, the regular finishers medals i give to my kids.
    rack: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76159731/womens-running-medals-rack?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS

on a side note, may i please hijack this thread and ask all runners to please suggest new songs for me to run to...haven't added songs in like 2 years and i'm really getting bored!

go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/464153-running-music?page=1#posts-6412043 to see what i have currently.

THANKS!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I saw a store on etsy that will turn all of your bibs into coasters. I don't have the link anymore, (it's actually somewhere here on MFP, I posted it if you wanna search). It was really cool and very affordable. Currently mine are all on a folder and my medals are stuffed in my jewelry box. I'm trying to figure out what to do with those.....
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Mine are in a photo album with the date, time, pace and name of race (if it's not already on there).

Same here, although less than a handful are missing from 20+ years of running. Iit's great to look back and reminisce sometimes. I still have my first bib from my first "real" race back in 1986.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I have mine in a box - I wish I would have written on them though. At first I knew exactly which one was what but the more I do the more I forget! I like the binder thing! That's pretty cool!
  • amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I toss the bibs and turn my medals into Christmas tree ornaments. It's really fun to pull them out once a year and put them up on the tree. On more than one occasion, I pulled out a medal and said - oh yeah... I forgot all about that race!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Bibs are tossed.

I just made a quilt out of 12 of the t-shirts. My cats love to sleep on it. :laugh:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    All my bibs are on a corkboard in my office :) I usually write my finishing time on them, sometimes the date if it's not already on there.

I've considered donating all my medals to Medals4Mettle as someone else already suggested. Well, maybe not the tiffany's necklace I earned at the Nike Women's Marathon last year.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Currently I keep my bibs posted in my cube. My medals are hanging up on the wall. I'm putting together a binder though where I plan to keep them all.
  • zakismom
    zakismom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I purchased medal racks from allied for my husband and I to hang our medals, its fun to have them personalized. We save all our bibs and they are hanging on a giant clip (one for each of us) in my scraproom.

For those thinking about donating to M4M, it is an awesome organization and many folks from my running group have donated.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Bibs are tossed.

I just made a quilt out of 12 of the t-shirts. My cats love to sleep on it. :laugh:

Just changed my profile picture to my quilt top. ;)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I keep mine. Write the date, my time, my placing etc on the back and keep them in a race bib book along with all my medals. They are like badges of honors :)

This is me...less the book (I only have 3 so far) and less the medals (I have none...yet). :drinker:
  • dcountryman81
    Options
    I am getting back into shape. I use to run 4 plus miles a day. After a two or theree year hiatus, plus my smoking derailed my fitness. I am now getting back into that kind of shape. I use to be an all weather runner. I dont know if its the lack of motivation, or the cold tempatures, but I only run a few times a month. I want to run like I used to, but my body says no. I believe with a lot of pushing myself i can get back to that point. How can I get my body on the same page as my mind?
  • dcountryman81
    Options
    am getting back into shape. I use to run 4 plus miles a day. After a two or theree year hiatus, plus my smoking derailed my fitness. I am now getting back into that kind of shape. I use to be an all weather runner. I dont know if its the lack of motivation, or the cold tempatures, but I only run a few times a month. I want to run like I used to, but my body says no. I believe with a lot of pushing myself i can get back to that point. How can I get my body on the same page as my mind?
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I actually throw all mine away! Am I the only one?

Sadly, so do I :cry:

After reading this, I'm going to start saving them, but I wish I had kept them up until now. I need to find a better way to display my medals as well. Right now they're just hanging on a dresser in my bedroom.
  • dcountryman81
    Options
    What are bibs?