ski lunches

Options
i'm going away snowboarding in half term as usual but we're trying to eat out less. the chalet where we are staying do packed lunches which consist of:

sandwich - ham&mustard/cheese salad/tuna&sweetcorn/chicken&pesto (all with mayo and salad)
drink - water/coke/diet coke/orangina/lemonade
choclate bar and packet of crisps

it's not the healthiest lunch but here's what i was planning: chicken sandwich (without mayo) as i'm not a fan of the other sandwiches but i'm not sure what to do about the chocolate and crisps? obviously, i could just not eat them (the packers say they do "dietary requirements" so i may be able to get some sort of substitue as i have gone off crisps and don't really want chocolate every day for lunch even if i am exercising as they make cake for when we get back!!)

we usually pack our own lunches as we do self-catering but as this apartment is catered it seems a waste of money to buy and prepare our own

any other ideas??

thanks!

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm not sure really I mean you could ask can they give you fruit instead of the chocolate or crisps??? I guess they are giving you what is easy and also portable on the slopes. I would say however you are going to be burning a tonne of extra calories I'm sure with the ski-ing so I would not worry to much maybe just enjoy the lunches don't eat the chocolate everyday and get back on track when you get home.
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    I think you are going to be burning a lot of calories so I don't think you should worry too much about the cals. I think it's probably good not to eat the mayo. How much chocolate are they giving you? If it's just a piece, I say enjoy. If it's a bar I think you should maybe eat half, save the rest for cake? I don't know. You may need the extra cals to keep you going all day.