for ladies only: stressed and TOM

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Hi ladies!

My period is late by 9 days. During the past month, I have moved to a new city, started exercising again (30 day shred by JM), cooking for myself, and started a new job.

Could my period be gone due to stress? I had this issue once this past sept when I was stressed with school.

Thanks!

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Definitely!

Even just one of those factors could do it. Though you should see a doctor to get their take if you have time. You wouldn't want to go w/out it too long since it's important for fertility to be somewhat regular.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway you can be prego???

If not I would chalk it up to stress!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    It could also be caused by pregnancy.
  • j99li
    Options

Im not sure. I have been taking my BCP regularly and havent missed any...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If you could be preggo test, otherwise the stress will definitely do it.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Im not sure. I have been taking my BCP regularly and havent missed any...

Yeah BCP is not 100% even when taken perfectly. Antibiotics can make them not work, and sometimes they just do not work.
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Highly likely. Mine shifts frequently due to stress, changes in my workout routine and it also shifts when I'm around a new group of women. If you are around the same group of women, over time your period will shift so that everyone is having their period at the same time or near the same time. Odd biological fact.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out last year, my first few months were off too.... and you have all that other stuff going on. So if there is at all a chance, take a home pregnancy test to be sure, and then just chalk it up to everything going on, and if it happens again next month, call your OB.
  • hippiequeen8767
    Options
    I take my BC regulary as well and when I changed my diet and started working out more I had the same problem. However, if active than I would make sure to take a test just in case purposes.
  • j99li
    Options
    just did an at home test, no slight hint of a second line. Should i do another a few days later?
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant with my son while on BCP due to stress from my job. My OBGYN said that stress can effect the effectiveness of BCP. SO stress can cause many different things to happen.

Audrey Louise
  • Frankie0713
    Options
    just did an at home test, no slight hint of a second line. Should i do another a few days later?
    If got a BFN, then make appt with doc if you don't start soon. Could be that the test is wrong or there could be other factors. Either way the doc should be able to put your mind at ease.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options

If it were me, I would wait a couple of days and take another test. If it was a BFN I'd be going to the doctor to find out what's going on. Birth control isn't 100% (says the woman with a condom and pill baby) and neither are the home pregnancy tests.