Looking for the extra support

Options
I have been an on and off again my fitness pal user since i had my daughter 2 1/2 years ago. I am still stuggling to get these last 20 -25 pounds off that i gained with my pregnancy. I don't have may friends on here and could really use the support and extra advice that anyone is willing to give and help me. I am going to be turning 30 in June and that has made me realize that i am not getting younger and this weight isn't coming off fast. I do have limited ability to exercise due to having 2 slip disc in my lower back. So anyone that is willing to be a support system for me i would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Friends come and go but there is always someone here to answer all your questions. Welcome and good luck.:drinker:
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you can add me, i am also looking for friends on here for support! i have about 50 lbs to lose and need that kick in the butt as well!
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    :smile: Feel free to add me !!
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi you can add me! More friends and support with what you are going though is the only way to win! Good Luck!:smile:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    you all r welcome to add me also!!
  • mgero212
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want support! I need support and that is what keeps me on track each day so knowing MFPs are there to help me if I need it and are the best support system I have ever had when it comes to reaching for my goal.
  • shellholman
    Options
    Try to be as disciplined as possible, but don't kick yourself when you mess up. Just get back up and move on. Since you are limited to exercise, portion control is going to be key. I was told that a "fist" size portion of items is what we should be eating. Also, try to eat 6 times per day which will keep you feeling more full and satisfied and give you more energy. Since you have the little one, watch the "snacking" when you're making her food. It's easy to take a bite of this and a bite of that, and you don't realize how much it really adds up. I make dinner every night for my teenage sons who are trying to gain weight (wouldn't that be nice!), so they are eating things higher in calories, protein, carbs, and good fats. I keep myself disciplined and make sure I'm not hungry when making them dinner. I will make a protein shake before and that fills me up. Also, try just walking if that doesn't affect your back too bad. Walking is an excellent form of exercise and it's something you can do with your daughter too. Best of luck to you, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions! Take care!
  • gymbug813
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just recently started and I know there is no better motivation than seeing other people post their workouts and progress. That is what really keeps me on top of things and motivates me to keep going. Good luck to you!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! This site really does keep me accountable, knowing that I'll get support and motivation from everyone each time I log on :)
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of support on here!