Confidence

Options
Hey Everyone-
As people who have lost weight, I have a question for you all.
Over the past year, I've lost about 35 pounds...however, I feel like instead of boosting my self-confidence, the loss has only made me more self-conscious and uncomfortable with my appearance.
Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering how common this is.
Also- if this has happened to anyone else, how did you regain your confidence? I feel like I could use a boost.

Replies

• misscase
    Options
    bump.....anyone?
  • kissofdeath3183
    kissofdeath3183 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pin pointing what about the weight loss is bothering you? Lack of attention, are you still wearing old clothes that fit the old you? Did you plateau once you lost the 35, or did you continue working out to be even healthier? What goals were you trying to acheive?
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I find it sometimes difficult to deal with the comments that naturally come with a significant noticeable weight loss. It can sometimes, not always, but sometimes make me uncomfortable getting new attention from men that I didn't really have before. It's hard to deal with the things people say to you, whether they mean well or not. That is my struggle. I wish people would keep their comments to themselves more. Just because they notice I'm losing weight doesn't necessarily mean I want to answer all their questions and be subjected to their scrutiny. I just feel like it's a very personal struggle, mentally and physically. Not everyone can understand what we're going through.