Snowshoeing

Options
My Husband and I are going away for a small vacation this weekend. And instead of just sitting in a room eating and drinking, we're going to go snowshoeing. Has anyone done this? We're going to rent the shoes, but I was wondering what kind of boots we'd need. Can we just wear our normal winter boots? Any tips from some experienced snowshoers out there would be greatly appreciated. I'm totally excited!!!

Replies

• outlookmichael
    Options
    You are going to love snowshoeing! It si an amazing way to enjoy the outdoors in the winter time. If you have Gortex hiking boots you should be fine however depending how deep and packed the snow is will determine if you should have a higher boot or to rent some "gators" for over top of your boots.
    Enjoy the outdoors and remember to take a camera. :smile:
    Michael
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love snowshoeing!!

I use a pair of winter hiking boots. Summer hiking boots with warm wool socks should be good. Full winter boots may be a bit big / clunky your feet will already be heavy with the snow shoes. As the previous poster indicated gaters are a good idea to keep snow out of your boots.

Don't over think it, it is simple activity you will have a ton o fun and burn a lot of calories