Lacking Workout Inspiration

Options
Hi Everyone!

I hope all is well.

The past couple of days I've been kind of in a workout rut. I usually take the talk for a walk twice a day and then have a set gym schedule that involves swimming for 30-40 minutes (about 2000 yards) two nights a week and then doing tae kwon do two nights a week. The weekends I usually take off. I try to switch it up to keep myself interested and challenge myself to move my body in different ways.

These past two weeks I've been a bit uninspired -- I haven't been pushing myself enough in the pool and have been kind of draggy in tae kwon do. I feel like physically I'm not making improvements in weight loss or toning.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I be doing some more calesthetics? Is my routine too diversified? Should I just stay the course? Is there anything else I can switch up, or any mental tricks that y'all use to keep inspired?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Replies

• PandyPayne
    Options
    Take a Zumba Class it is fun and a workout.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i could give you a kick in the butt :p or try something new to challenge yourself? i dont know when i feel like blehh i need a kick in my butt!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Perhaps register for an event (triathalon, 5k, mud run, bike race....) This tends to keep me focused, and help me push myself.
  • lazyday101
    lazyday101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just think of your goal and keep on going, you can most definately do it!:tongue:

Don't you find you feel better after exercise? Hard I know it is at times, but if you want it.....blah blah blah.

Maybe take a week out and pysche yourself up again.... or maybe aspire to a swimming challenge.....
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Get Insanity! its all you will ever need to get an *kitten* whooping! Inspiration comes from within, your doing this for a reason. What is that reason and how bad do you want it?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Watch Silence of the Lambs. He kidnaps large people then forces them to lose weight so he can wear their skin. It works for me every time.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Since you say you've been draggy, how's your diet? Are you eating some carbs/protein before your workouts and after? Diet and what you eat plays a big factor on mood as well as weight loss. Keep at it, and change things up every other week or so to keep your body thinking, and losing. :smile: Oh and drink lots of water!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Do you ever lack "inspiration" to brush your teeth?
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    i could give you a kick in the butt :p or try something new to challenge yourself? i dont know when i feel like blehh i need a kick in my butt!

The Army has a DIY calisthenic for that:

Mule Kick
    Position: Stand with the feet shoulder width apart.
    Action: Jump up repeatedly while kicking the heels to the buttocks. To do the mule kick to cadence, do one repetition per count. Use a moderate cadence.
    :bigsmile:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Watch Silence of the Lambs. He kidnaps large people then forces them to lose weight so he can wear their skin. It works for me every time.

I really need to watch that again now that I'm an adult. I don't remember that.....I just remember him wearing that mask so he wouldn't eat people and men throwing their jizz at Jody Foster when she walked in the jail.
  • AGNESJW
    Options
    Hi

Sorry I have just stared this myself and I find if there is someone you can do it with it makes all the difference cause you can bounce of each other. I know its kind of hard to find someone to do it with because not everyone we know wants or needs to lose weight but I know It always helps even if you have someone on My Fitness Pal you can talk to daily to share anything with.

I have just stared as I said. But luckly I have My sis-in-law on here doing it aswell so we will be talking on this on a daily basis.

People say walking and the gym are boring if you are doing it yourself but if you say to yourself "just think it will be all worth it ."

Agnes
  • JudyPMorg
    Options
    Maybe take *gasp* a day off? Schedule a massage and give your body a nice gift. It may be what you need to perk yourself up. You probably deserve a nice massage. No, I'm not a massage therapist!