Jillian Michaels 30 day shred calories

Options
Good morning. I am hopeful that you all can help me out here. I cant afford a HRM so I have been somewhat guessing at the calories I burn during the 30DS. Can anyone tell me their average burn for this or what you log it as?

I know we all burn calories at different rates....So I am just looking for some ideas.

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training 25 mins. :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i log 27 min of circuit training ( that's with both cool downs) and i usually burn anywhere from 160-200 calories a session.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and yesterday doing 27 minutes, I burned 196 calories, that was with me pushing myself to the max. You are right, everyone burns differently. If you are eating back your exercise calories, I would be careful using a higher estimate. I think you should log on the low end and extra calories burned would be bonus.

Here is what the database shows and to me, that 100 calorie difference would be a big deal.

Circuit training, general: 310
    Curves, circuit training: 190
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I was doing level 1 I logged it as 24 minutes circuit training and MFP said I burned 216 calories. When I used my HRM I burned 135 calories...and that was including the warm up and cool down. Now with level 2 my HRM says I burn 150 calories with the warm up and cool down. I don't even know what MFP would log me as. At any rate, I was quite surprised and a bit discouraged when I saw the difference between the two.

I would log it as 20 minutes of circuit training and possibly deduct maybe an extra 30-50 calories from what MFP tells you, you burned. That's just my suggestion :)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Put the money towards a heart rate monitor. I don't know how I lived without it before!