Need motivation please.

Options
Hi guys,

First time I'm asking for motivation.
Usually I always have events that keeps me going (Trip, Christmas, gala, birthday etc.)
I often lose a lot more when I have a nice event lol.

This time, I have NOTHING, and I just want to feel good.

I've lost 12 pounds in november-december for my trip to Cuba.

Now, I've been on a plateau for a month, going 1-2 pounds up and down.

I maintained the same weight, and I still have 24 pounds to lose.

I haven't been to the gym in a month, I need my motivation back.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Vero!!!! You are beautiful! I havent talked to you in a while and im glad to here that you lost some for your cuba trip! Dont give up because you are doing great! maybe you just need to re-evaluate your food intake and change something up. I noticed when I took some thing out or added something differnt I saw changes on the scale.

I gained weight over the holidays so im back again and sticking to changes im making this time around! :0)

Aloha
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! Happy to see you are still doing great!!!!

I need another goal !!! lolol
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What about signing up for a 5K and doing the C25K workout?
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing...

Sign up for a race - maybe something a bit outside what you think you can do.

If you've only ever run a 5k, sign up for a 10k.

Or join a workout group? - I swim with a adult swim club, we don't compete, but many of them do - i.e., Masters Swimming. There are all levels of experience & ages at masters swim meets. Races are as short as 50 yards & as long as 1500m, and there are relays as well.
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will look for 5k in my region since we are freezing now (-20 degrees) lol.

Yes I do group classes (Zumba, body pump), just need motivation to attend... lol
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You must live near me if it's -20. We have 5ks year round. If tangible goals work for you. Set a tangible goal. Like sign up for a race, plan a weekend get away, you can't get that one item you've been dying to get lately until you achieve X goal. You know your weaknesses best. Use them to your advantage!