Im not sure if this is healthy, please help

Options
Hello everyone,
So i've been doing my fitness pal for a little over a week right now. I've lost 13 or so pounds, in probably a 10 days. Im not sure thats healthy. I'm supposed to be losing 2 lbs a week, don't get me wrong this is great! I just dont want to be losing weight in an unhealthy way that it might bounce right back. Any advice or knowledge would be great.

Thanks!

Replies

• cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your starting weight and having access to your diary, there isn't much we can say.

If you're heavier, you can lose a lot quicker to start with, especially if you are carrying around a lot of water. If you went from eating 3000 Cal/day to eating 1200 with a whole ton of exercise and not eating your exercise calories back....
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Your first week is usually a high loss week. You lose a lot of fluid and a change from very poor eating habits to great eating habits shocks your system so it kind of just drops off. Don't be surprised if you lose very little or even gain a pound or two back in this second week when your system tries to adjust to what is happening. I lost quite a bit in my first three weeks and now am stuck fluctuating between two pounds up and down while I wait for my body to readjust. The important thing is that you need to remember that all of the weeks won't be like this last one, don't get frustrated and don't give up.
  • MeganKG21
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes i am very overweight, and dang it would have been nice to keep up this pace. But thank you for easing my mind :) Appreciate it!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i lost 15lb in my first fortnight, it will slow down, as long as you are being sensible you'll do fine :)

Good luck
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I lost almost that much the first 10 days too, a lot of is pure water weight. And it's not uncommon for people to lose that much at first, especially if you have a lot to lose. And it will slow down over time, you're fine, I wouldn't worry about it
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    That's not too bad, most of it was probably water weight. Keep in mind you won't continue to lose that fast, though. Good on you for making sure it was healthy though!
  • MeganKG21
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ill have to start getting it in my head it wont be this easy. i was hoping this is going to be a piece of cake... haha bad joke :)