FitBit

Options
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone out there has used the FitBit that hooks up all your fitness info to MFP? I'm considering one and would appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Not that I'll be particularly helpful, but I saw that and that's super cool......for that price I would think it's worth it, even if it's just a minimal help. I'm going to be considering it for sure!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. If it delivers what it promises, it would be worth the money!
  • barbijean29
    barbijean29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have also been considering one. I think It will be worth it to know the right numbers for everything. because I am a stay at home mom I do a lot of getting up and down all day long.. also being a in home daycare you would think I burn a good amount of calories just doing everyday things. I am also really interested in knowing the sleep pattern stuff that the FITBIT Ultra provides. Please post if you do get one and let us all know how it works.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have one and I have it connected to this site. Sometimes I get random Stairs Climbed numbers that make no sense and usually it counts steps when I'm driving in the car, but other than that it's pretty cool. It tracks sleep by your movements. So if you're laying still in bed staring at the ceiling for 6 hours it'll count it as "sleep".

It's a pedometer with more features, so don't expect it to give accurate cal-burn on sit-ups or something that doesn't involve your feet moving lol. When I do Turbo Jam I make sure to move my feet as much as possible so it'll read something more than just 100 calories burned.

It is worth it though. I didn't pay full price for it (I don't pay full price for anything if I can help it). Got it off eBay for half price brand new.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have one and I have it connected to this site. Sometimes I get random Stairs Climbed numbers that make no sense and usually it counts steps when I'm driving in the car, but other than that it's pretty cool. It tracks sleep by your movements. So if you're laying still in bed staring at the ceiling for 6 hours it'll count it as "sleep".

It's a pedometer with more features, so don't expect it to give accurate cal-burn on sit-ups or something that doesn't involve your feet moving lol. When I do Turbo Jam I make sure to move my feet as much as possible so it'll read something more than just 100 calories burned.

It is worth it though. I didn't pay full price for it (I don't pay full price for anything if I can help it). Got it off eBay for half price brand new.

Thank you so much for this useful info...esp the part about ebay!
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    :)
  • yolifoli
    yolifoli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am desperately trying to lose weight, like 30-50 pounds and this fitbit flex helps me so much. I just got the violet fit bit flex. LOVE IT! I run with it on and walk during my breaks at work. It does sync with mfp but I just getting used to the calories that it syncs. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and it's the best thing I ever purchased.