Any one trying to loose wieght with...

Options
Is any one trying to loose wieght with a Thyroid Problem? I have Hyperthyroidism and when I first had the problem with it I lost wieght. (Like 50 pounds). Then they gave me meds and I gained really bad. But I have Graves desease too. And I have to watch my heart rate. So I excercise but I have to stop if my heart rate goes to high.

Right now I am doing special K. It really does work if you stay with it. I have been doing it for 4 weeks now. Before I found this web stie I lost 15 pounds. So I am doing something right.

I was in a wheelchair for 3 years and am now walking agian but only since Christmas so I can't do alot of excercises cause I am just learning to walk all over agian.

If any one has tips please share!

Replies

• november1982
    Options
    Is any one trying to loose wieght with a Thyroid Problem? I have Hyperthyroidism and when I first had the problem with it I lost wieght. (Like 50 pounds). Then they gave me meds and I gained really bad. But I have Graves desease too. And I have to watch my heart rate. So I excercise but I have to stop if my heart rate goes to high.

Right now I am doing special K. It really does work if you stay with it. I have been doing it for 4 weeks now. Before I found this web stie I lost 15 pounds. So I am doing something right.

I was in a wheelchair for 3 years and am now walking agian but only since Christmas so I can't do alot of excercises cause I am just learning to walk all over agian.

If any one has tips please share!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on walking again!! That is awesome. I don't know if anyone has hyperthyroidism. I know some of us (me included) have hypothyroidism. Make sure they aren't over-doing the medication for thyroid. I'm sure you get checked regularly - but that would be the first thing I would think of. Other than that - sounds like you are having success with your plan. That is so cool that you were once in a wheelchair and now can walk again! Keep up the good work and press on. It isn't easy learning a task like that over! Time will help you as you keep on doing what your doing.

Sorry - not much for tips:happy: We're here for you at any rate!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i had my thyroid removed 7 years ago and it has been difficult. I put on over 50 lbs after the operation and tried many,many times to loose weight but nothing worked and then all of a sudden I changed to healthy way of eating (not dieting ) and I have lost over 30 lbs since nov..
    Just make sure that you do have your doctor finds the right dosage for you..
    good luck joann
  • 612gemini
    612gemini Posts: 37
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your progress!
  • november1982
    Options
    Yeah my meds are actually working on my side right now. But then that makes my heart rate higher. Catch 22. Thanks you guys are great!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Yeah my meds are actually working on my side right now. But then that makes my heart rate higher. Catch 22. Thanks you guys are great!

i posted this on a message to you as well.

Eve23 has Graves I think - I know she has talked about it. You can also search for posts (there are several) on Graves by going to "Community" and type "Graves" in the "Search" box at the top right. You get 10 topics where it is discussed.

For Eve - she spends a lot of time on the chat, you might catch her there, or message her at

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/eve23.