hello

Options
Hi all,
I am a 61 year old man living in herts uk. i have been over weight most of my life and have had 2 diabetis for the past 3 years. I have been on the plan for 12 days and thanks to the help of my wife and daughter and friends am finding it quite easy. This may be because it is a novelty at the moment. love the idea of looking at other peoples efforts by reading their diarys, this really helps. I weigh 288lbs at the start, but due to weighing scales breaking I have not had my first weigh in ( doing this on Saturdays) so I have a long way to go. Since starting the plan my diabetic sugar level has gone from 13 to 6.3. I am also asmatic so exercise is very difficult. Feel free to to help me by becoming my friend.

Replies

• krinipoos
    krinipoos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Len,

Well done for doing so well so far. Keep it up!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. Reading how others are doing really can encourage you. :-)

Krin
    x
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I feel like I have found my male twin! I am 61, was just diagnosed (Oct. 2011) with type II diabetes and also have asthma. I feel like the diagnosis is a wake up call and started eating healthier and have lost 25 pounds so far. My A1C dropped from 7.1 to 6.8 and am sure it will be down more next time. I need motivation to get to the gym though (my downfall). Keep up the good work!
  • krinipoos
    krinipoos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    good luck to both of you :-)
  • Lenspeck
    Lenspeck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you all