Tony Little Gazelle

Options
Im thinking of buying one so i have something to workout on since i can't afford a gym membership but wanted to know does anyone own one and do you like it?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Tony looks just a little too freaky

what is it? doesnt he look out of proportion or something?
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I bought one and didn't ever break a sweat, i gave it away.
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    my mom had one that she didn't use.... i tried it out for a couple weeks, and can't say it provided any real cardio workout -- i can see where it would be useful to tone up butt and legs a little, though -- but don't bet on it being anything near an elliptical in terms of cardio.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I tried it out, not a very good workout IMO.
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a nice starting point for getting moving. pros/cons
    ~If you do the tapes (my hubby does) Tony will get you moving, but I find him too irritating.
    ~It is a good replacement for walking if your joints have any issues...
    ~If you have balance issues...skip it. My mom can't handle it as it makes her dizzy, but my three year old loves it *lol*
    ~Once I got a HRM I quit using it. It wouldn't get my heart rate up when I used it comfortably. When I went like a mad woman, the unit didn't feel stable. I gave up, bought a good pair of running shoes and switched to our treadmill.

HTH
    S
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get rid of mine, after using it for many years, as I also could not break a sweat. I just bought an elliptical by Nordic Track instead. Broke a sweat in a couple of minutes.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have one and I enjoy using it! i use it daily. its good for working out especially when its too hot to go walking outside here in hot sunny florida! I use that in conjunction with lifting weights for my upper body. i can burn up to 300 calories alone with that bad boy! LOL! :wink: what may not work for others may work for you. :flowerforyou: oh and i use sweat bands around my waist and thighs along with it. they help me sweat more. :laugh:
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    DON'T, I repeat DON'T waste your money!!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    what is it with everyone's mother having one of these? mine has one too!! anyway, I hate it - it doesn't feel right and I'm with the other people who said they didn't get a good workout/break a sweat. I have an eliptical that I LOVE and get a great workout from. I also think a plain old treadmill will do better than this thing. do you have a Sears nearby? try looking at their equipment they have good prices on "starter" stuff. I find with home equipment you pretty much get what you pay for but I used my $200 eliptical for years before I made the investment in a nicer model and it did the trick. In fact I gave it away to a friend who continues to use it and it's been years so I guess that $200 has really paid off. Also, try looking on Craigslist - lots of people buy expensive stuff, use it as a clothes hanger and then finally decide to get rid of it. you can find decent gently used equipment for a good price.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I bought one, used it for a couple of weeks with the video it came with and got bored very easy. I did break a sweat but it was boring, and my feet kept sliding off of it. You know where it is now...in my spare room in the way! I don't suggest wasting the money. If I had it to do all over again I would have spent my money on a good treadmill.

Just my opinion.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    from what I've seen, not much resistance training to it...You'd be better off getting an exercise bike or elliptical machine...both can give great workouts! Best to you always, Rick
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your replies i found one on craigslist for a great deal but finding out no one is getting good results i might look into a home gym or a treadmill...