Midwestern Mom looking for MFP buddies :)

Options
Hello all! :) My name is Kim. I'm a 30's-something wife and mom (2 little ladies) from Indiana. I have lots of weight to lose....like 100+ pounds (wow. can't belive I said that...whatev...anyway). I've lost large amounts before, but have never gotten to goal. I have several goals for myself this year, and on the top of that list is to lose this weight! I'm looking for friends to support and be supported by in this journey (it's going to be a long one)!

I love singing, playing piano, being on stage, all things music, being a momma, scrapbooking (major addiction), being outdoors, animals, cooking new recipes, travel, etc. I love to lead a very active life! I've found that I hold myself back from some of these activities when I am heavy. I'm tired of letting things slip by because I'm not "comfortable" with my weight. I need more energy to keep up with my kids. I don't want to have to worry about my health or what might happen to it b/c of this extra weight. I want to look in the mirror and feel proud of what I see. After years of stops and starts....I'm ready to do this!

Anyway...I've rambled enough. I would love to find some like-minded MFP peeps with similar goals! Love this site so far. I've been at it for a few weeks, and am loving it! I've lost 10 pounds already! :)

Good luck to all! I look forward to getting to know some new weight loss buddies! :)

~Kim

Replies

• ttwsweet
    Options
    Missouri girl here! Friend me... and we can support each other. Not easy... be doable!!
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Hi...I am 61 years old...and I wish they had something like this when I was your age. I have now been diagnosed with typeII diabetes. Learn from my mistakes....get the weight off. You will love yourself for it.
  • ChangingMindSets
    Options
    I'm from Illinois. Just sent a friend request!
  • Bel_73
    Bel_73 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in Kansas. Hit me up! I can use all the support I can get, too!
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan you can friend me if you'd like :)
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am from Indiana too - Central Indiana!
  • crankycow
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Michigan, and just trying to figure this site out.
  • alimarieban
    Options
    Upper Midwest here- MInnesota! Working mom as well and can certainly provide and offer support! Feel free to friend me!
  • rparker1970
    Options
    Georgia peach here and I just entered my 40's and have atleast 70lbs to lose, thats the goal for now lol and Im doing this by myself and would love to swap diet secrets, recipes and exercises. Friend me
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    31 yr old Indiana mom of 2 here. I'm north of Indy in Noblesville, and know exactly how you feel. I commute to Castleton every day for work (9 hrs a day sitting at a desk) and get so frustrated that there's just no "me" time when I get home to focus on fitness. I used to be constantly on the go, but work and family life seems to suck every free minute and bit of energy out of me. I'm trying to lose weight for my little brother's wedding in May, and beyond that a total of 60-80 pounds to get back to my goal weight - which I haven't seen since 1999.

12769389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northwest Indiana! Welcome! 32 yr old mom of 3 girls. Twins are 13 and a 9 year old. I work in Surgery and take a ton of call, and always on the go. The kids are in a ton of things. uh!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I live in Kokomo, IN. I have been struggling since the new year. I love encouraging others...however, could use some of my own right now too. Would love to connect.
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    31 yr old Indiana mom of 2 here. I'm north of Indy in Noblesville, and know exactly how you feel. I commute to Castleton every day for work (9 hrs a day sitting at a desk) and get so frustrated that there's just no "me" time when I get home to focus on fitness. I used to be constantly on the go, but work and family life seems to suck every free minute and bit of energy out of me. I'm trying to lose weight for my little brother's wedding in May, and beyond that a total of 60-80 pounds to get back to my goal weight - which I haven't seen since 1999.

12769389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I live in Noblesville too!
  • SlimKim11
    SlimKim11 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of support! I'm feeling the love! And lots of Midwestern gals on here! Thanks so much for the replies! I'll get to work friend-ing (? is that a word) you all!!!

Looking forward to cheering each other on!!!! ~Kim
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southwestern Indiana. I'm a 34 yr old mom of one looking to lose at least 75 pounds. I can use all of the support I can get!
  • bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in Hammond and I wanna be friends!!....Oh wait, I l already am! :D....... Anyway, anyone else from Indiana needing friends and support can add me, too! :)
  • Npieces
    Npieces Posts: 24
    Options
    hey Kansas!! Me too!! What town. I am in Wichita. Wanna friend up??
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mom from Ohio here - glad to help give you some support! Friend request sent:)
    Ruth