8 Months Postpartum PICS [MOMS LETS TRADE TIPS!]

Options

Replies

• spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    All I can say is you are one "HOT MAMA"! You look fantastic! I think you have done an excellent job! Many women would kill to have abs like yours, me included! Keep on with your hot self and thanks for posting. It for sure has inspired many of us to get off our couches and doing something. :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bravo girl you are success all the way
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I just had my 3rd baby in August so i'm working on getting rid of the baby weight. I had a csection this time and no have a small "flap" where the scar is. Its not pretty. :embarassed: You are a great inspiration! Thanks for posting!
  • w3lchi
    w3lchi Posts: 16
    Options
    I had a c section so I was hving a hard time until now to start excercising!! An was a lildepressed so I kinda ate my sadness, in my first 2 weeks after the csection list 32 pounds but then gained 10 =\
  • RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Amazing!!!!....just, AMAZING! Well done, you look really fantastic! x
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I've posted my before and afters here before (some last August). Since then I've managed to tighten up my mid section a little more. At this point, I've surpassed my goal and am working on toning and continuing the "lifestyle" that I've adapted.

BEFORE JUNE 2011 | AFTER JANUARY 2012

sideshotjan24.jpg

FRONT VIEW OF ABS

abs1.jpg

Pic from a professional shoot I did in February

Maria-More-Hot-1079-Middays-300x199.jpg

A few things I'd like to point out in terms of my success:

1) FOCUS ON THE FINISH LINE: After having a baby, you may feel ugly, sloppy and just outright "unattractive." Know that each day you commit to your long term goal, you are getting closer. If you slip off, don't stay down, refocus and KEEP PUSHING!

2) WHEN YOU'VE HIT A PLATEAU: Try a "yo-yo calorie" diet to re-boost your metabolism. Once you start getting active and eating a certain way, your body may "stall." I know this sounds scary, but you may need to eat MORE to recharge your metabolism. When I say eat more, I don't mean junk food (LOL). Simply fluctuate your caloric intake each day. For example, one day each 1500 calories, the next day 1800, the next day 1200. Also switch up your fitness routine.

I was STUCK at 128 pounds for 3 weeks, I got so frustrated, but when I broke down and ate more, along with diversifying my diet, the weight started coming off again. (I weigh 118 pounds now)

3) DRINK WATER...LOTS OF IT! This is probably a given but water is magic! It keeps you hydrated on the inside out, it helps flush toxins out of your body and drinking water may even help curb your appetite (making you feel full and avoid snacking on those extra calories)

Great job! How much weight did you gain during pregnancy?
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    As someone who is planning to start trying soon and is freaked out about "losing" her body, I thank you for posting this from the bottom of my heart!!! You look fantastic, and you give me hope that pregnancy isn't the "end" of fitness for me!

Ditto, I haven't even reached my GW yet and I am afraid of having a baby(years from now of course) because I do not want to ruin my body. At least someone can look good. =]
    You look amazing!!
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    thank you for posting this it gave me hope!

my body looks just like your before picture!! what did you do for workouts?
  • mariamore
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks again for all the kind words!

I haven't been able to log into MFP as much as I use to because I'm at work and always on the run.

I know that I am the type of person who gets inspired when I see someone else accomplish a goal that I have set for myself, that's why I posted the pictures. I'm telling you, this fitness thing is more of a MENTAL thing than it is a "physical" thing.

You have to love yourself enough to reject the things that aren't good for your body. You also have to keep in mind that even though you may not "look" like you want to today, everything you do in the MOMENT is contributing to a bigger goal.

For those who asked.

My PRE pregnancy weight was 128 lbs
    I weighed 167 lbs when I delivered

I was 157 when I got home from the hospital

the first 4-6 weeks, I took it slow. I breastfeed, cut down on simple carbs and sugars, I also went for 2 mile WALKS 5 times per week.

After doing those simple things, I got down to 145.

The next 6 weeks, I drank water EXCLUSIVELY (no sodas, juices, not even Gatorade). I spaced my meals 3-4 hours apart and was on a STRICT 1200 calorie per day diet. By the time I was 3 months postpartum, I weighed 128 lbs again

During the 6 weeks, I also worked out at least 5 times per week for an hour a day. I mainly took Group Fitness classes (LOTS of cycle classes and "Body Works"), I also taught Zumba 1-2 times per week.

I didn't eat anything past 8pm and made sure I got at least 7 hours of sleep.

I have a full postpartum weight loss diary on my personal site, but won't post the direct URL here to respect the forum rules, I'm sure you can Google it though *wink*

Feel free to add me and inbox me any other questions, so far, I've friended about 30 people from this Thread alone! *waves*

Have a GREAT week folks!

-MM
  • bonimag
    bonimag Posts: 16
    Options
    Congrats! U are great, I want weight loss like u ....
  • azure18
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! It is so inspirational and you look great! I am pregnant with my first child and due in March, yet I've already gained 32 lbs. I was feeling really discouraged, but this is proof and motivation that I can get my figure back after my little girl is born. I will definitely be checking out your site.

Thanks again!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You look freaking HAWT! Way to go, mama!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. You look fantastic! My daughter is 17 months and I still look terrible. We EB and I did not help me lose weight.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OMG, I had to see this. Its great to know there is still hope for me and that my goal of getting a flat stomach after 2 kids is realistic. Thanks for sharing.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    your abs are AMAZING. you look absolutely stunning, like jennifer hudson post weight loss, and my-oh-my i wanna be like you! to get abs like that. wow.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Whoa...hot mama!!! You look stunning!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Looking good, great job!!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Thank you SO much! I am about halfway between your before and after, and I REALLY needed this!!!
  • mariamore
    Options
    Thank you SO much! I am about halfway between your before and after, and I REALLY needed this!!!

I got your message.

You asked "When did you start seeing results?"

My stomach was droppy and "dark" for about 2 months. It started to lighten up (and match the rest of my skin) around the 3rd month. I didn't start to see my ab muscles until about 4 months postpartum. If you look really closely at the front shot, I still have a little bit of loose skin above my belly button. I still do ab exercises consistently, eat clean and drink lots of water. So, day by day, things continue to get better.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    You look totally fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!