Have you ever...

Options
sexycheesemonkey
sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
Have you ever just sat back and thought about the crap you used to eat as a kid? (Or young adult....or before you changed your eating habits)

My aunt and I used to take fresh strawberries and a bowl of sugar...wash the strawberries and dip them into the sugar and coat them completely. Then while eating them, dip them back into the sugar each time we took a bite! (We had separate bowls of sugar) Then after the strawberries were gone...we would eat the strawberry coated sugar clumps from the bowl!

My husband claims this is common...anyone else think it's common or have a "omg I cant believe I ate that!" of their own??

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Butter and sugar sandwiches.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Butter and sugar sandwiches.

Reminds me of my grandma...Mayo, Banana and Tomato sandwiches....or the spaghetti sandwiches on buttered bread...
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I did the strawberry thing.

On a similar strange-sandwiches note, I went through a phase where I would make sandwiches using white bread, ketchup, and barbeque potato chips. I seem to recall planning to make a brisket sandwich before discovering we were out of the brisket, and using the flavored chips as a substitute... can't decide if that's ridiculous or genius, considering I was about 9.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    When I was really young, I used to sneak down to the kitchen and eat spoon fulls of sugar.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    When I was really young, I used to sneak down to the kitchen and eat spoon fulls of sugar.

same here....well I think it was sugar cubes, but same thing
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options
    all
    the
    time

sighhhh
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I drank the juice from the pickle jar when I was a kid... lol
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Kool-aid, lemonade powder - dipped my finger in it.
    Toast with Mayo (usually multiple slices - 4+)
    Toast with peanut butter and honey (usually multiple slices - 4+)
    A whole bag of lays chips at least in a day if not in a couple hours.

It really is no wonder how I turned out like this. But I'm on the right track now for the most part.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    We did the strawberry thing and the bread with butter and sugar. We dipped our peanut butter sandwiches in our warm chocolate pudding.
    After our father died, when I was 10, we were very poor and often had nothing but potatoes or toast for dinner. I never realized other kids didn't eat this way until I was an adult.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I ate horrible until last 2011, Ate real good for a bit then I slipped into my bad habits, it's hard not to, The Man I feed... okay my Boyfriend, won't eat veggies, hates Pork. Favorite food is mac and cheese.
    Breakfast and lunch I would try to eat healthy then Supper would be a bowl of Kraft dinner or rising crust pepperoni pizza,
    And When I'm feeling down, I just crave a greasy Pizza pop. it's my comfort food because I wasn't allowed to eat it as a kid.
    though when I was a kid, I used to steal the Marsh mellows and eat them in bed though my mom ate chips in bed after she thought we were asleep. Though For the Longest time Kids in my class used to Snort Cool aid. They could spit colors and would have the biggest sugar rush. they claimed. I only tried it once, it hurt., Dip lays chips into chocolate pudding and eat them with my sister, buttery toast topped with brown sugar and cinnamon
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    64oz jar of peanut butter...in less than 72hrs...plus everything else I was eating...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would never ruin perfectly good strawberries with sugar....
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep...my grandma would freeze strawberries already sweetened with sugar and we'd let them thaw until slushy and pour milk on them.....did that with peaches too...
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to eat mayo and relish sandwiches... WTF? lol
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    During High School, we ate off campus every day. Most days were Fried Burritos, a Coke, and french fries or a Cheeseburger instead of the burritos. Every freaking day and then I would go to football workouts in the afternoon. I amazed my body was able to do that.
    But, interestingly when i was a kid and working at grocery store as a sacker. I thought, I can eat candybars and a coke every break. I remember after a week or two...I was looking for something else. It was no longer appealing. So, somewhere my brain was working.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When I was little my parents ALWAYS had to keep on me for putting my fingers into the butter. Mmmmmm.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    yes, I always ate sugar with my fruit. :( I still do it sometimes but instead of real sugar I use Truvia.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fresh strawberries, dipped in sour cream and then in brown sugar.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    64oz jar of peanut butter...in less than 72hrs...

Yeah that was me a couple times this past summer