Dizziness

Options
I have been eating 1200 calories a day, just yesterday I noticed that I felt a bit dizzy. Today I am feeling the same thing. Could it be from only eating 1200 calories a day? I am drinking about 64 ounces of water a day. The dizziness is not fun and I definitely want to get rid of it. Will my body adjust to eating that few calories when it was so use to eating the 1700 or 1800 calories a day>?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I would advise your physician where this is a medical question..... MFP strongly suggests that no medical-related questions get asked here as they do not have the appropriate clinical staff on board...
  • christine_6980
    christine_6980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's what I was goign to do. I just didn't know if anyone else experienced that when they started.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Many people do have an adjustment to anything dietary related... but the concept is this: you are you, she is she, he is he... everyone is different. What affects one person can be different to the next.... which is why with your individual situation, you are better to talk with your physician about your individual situation.... you may have certain things going on that others wont.....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well, without knowing your full medical history -- I would venture to guess 1200 calories isn't enough food for your body. It isn't being fueled properly and it is letting you know that with the dizziness. I know if I tried to stay at 1200 calories a day I would be dizzy, irritable, and be threatening to eat my own limbs, small children and neighborhood dogs. For a lot of people 1200 calories isn't enough food. Try upping your calories and see what happens.
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You still should see your doc, but 1200 probably isn't enough, or if it is, you're not spacing it out enough and your blood sugar is crashing, which can cause dizziness. You didn't mention when you get dizzy, ie during exercise or whateve.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising as well? If so, what are your net calories? If you only have 1200 calories in actual food and have burnt calories exercising, you need to eat more. Net calories should never be below 1200.