Leslie Sansone videos

Options
Some of my coworkers and I have started exercising to Leslie Sasone's Walk at Home series. Are there any of you who use this, and would you care to share how this has worked for you? Thanks!

Replies

• akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am curious to see if this has worked for anyone as well. I found some of her dvd's on sale yesterday and am contemplating going back and getting them.
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I've been using Leslie's DVD's since the beginning of December. I LOVE them! My favorite is her newest that comes with a resistance band. It's called 5 Really Big Miles. I have lost a few pounds, but more importantly right now, I'm losing inches in my waist, hips and thighs. You burn a lot more calories than regular walking because it's a whole body aerobic workout. I was taking Zumba classes but this I can do at home and not have any excuse to not go.

Do a search. There are several other Leslie Sansone threads with some great info.

p.s. She posts a monthly challenge on her blog and she has a great Facebook page.
  • Posey117
    Options
    Just boughgt a Leslie Ulimate Collection DVD at at Meijers. It has 4 different videos on one DVD. 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile and 4 mile Super Challenge.

Best it was only $9.99! Yeah me. I just did the 1 mile and was sweating! But I am not sure how to enter my exercise on mfp? Any ideas.

Make it a great day!
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't think you'll get an accurate account without a heart rate monitor.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to log it correctly, so I just enter how many minutes I walk under "Walking at a brisk pace". If you find out how to log correctly, please let me know!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan. I started using one of these again to 'ease' myself back into exercise, intending to start up JM's 30DS afterwards. Well, I did that, but I think I'm going back to Leslie for a while. JM is simply too hard on my knees, plus, I was busting my butt, and not seeing any results!

With Leslie, I was definitely seeing results, both on the scale, and in inches, and best of all, it didn't hurt!. I'm getting a bit discouraged, and my knees hurt, so I'm going back to what was working for me.

My favorite vid (the only one I use, really) is an older one, ten years or so, the 3 Mile Walk with weights (part of a 1-mile, 2-mile, 3-mile set). I've seen a few of her other videos, and for myself, they are either too easy, or too 'scattered'. (She's got a few videos where there are either too many errors/miscues, or some of her walkers clearly can't stay on beat, and that may not bother some people, but it bugs the snot out of me.)

But I really like this video because it's very well organized, only a couple of minor errors, and the other walkers look like they've actually practiced the moves so they know what they're doing. Plus, it uses the weights halfway through. With that addition, I feel like I'm really getting a good aerobic workout, and I'll often continue with the arm movements even when she's just holding them. I haven't found another of her vids yet that seems to be as good of a total workout as this one is.

The only real drawback for me is that it takes a good 45 minutes, plus I stretch for a while afterward. I wish it didn't take so much time.

I log it as 45 minutes of low-impact aerobics, because I'm moving the whole time, and putting some effort into it. When I was first starting out and not giving it quite so much, I split it into 20 minutes of walking 4MPH, and 25 min of aerobics.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I just got her 5 Really Big Miles..and I do it once a week. I love the fact that it has a resistance band in it. Cant speak about results..cause I haven't done it long enough..

As far as logging it..I have an HRM..and doing all 5 miles gave me almost a 700 calorie burn
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My mom and I used to walk with her DAILY. She works very well and it's a good work out, especially if you want to stay at home or whereever you want to do it. I bought her 3 mile walk recently and am going to start walking again. The nice thing is you dont HAVE to have the exercise belt, even though it is a nice tool during the work outs.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Leslie is great to work out with! It goes by so fast!
  • MzColie
    MzColie Posts: 17
    Options
    I love these videos very relaxing and not hard to do and they give steady results if you keep up with them. I did get bored after awhile of using them so I switched them up with 10 minute solutions dvds for variety.These videos were great for me a few weeks after I had my son by c section got in some cardio without risk of getting hurt. I still use them to this day if I don't feel like walking outside...
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who lost 25 pounds doing all the walkaway the pounds series... Get a HRM, you will burn more calories than you think especially walkaway the pounds 3mile
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I own Leslie's Four Fast Miles video and love it.

Here is a post with some YouTube video links (you have to scroll down a little) so you can check it out before you buy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/432035-swat-january-walk-with-leslie-sansone-workouts
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone videos 4-7 times a week. I have been working out with her since May...and you can see what I've lost. From May until October I used "Brisk Walking, 4.0,4.5, or 5 mph" to estimate my calorie burn. I bought a heart rate monitor in October so I have a more accurate count. Depending on the video, I burn less, more, or the same as MFP estimates.

The great thing about her videos is you determine how intense you want the workout to be. She is not intimidating, and I would not be where I am today without her.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i did.. i started doing them on my "ondemand" via my cable provider... after i got used to it i started going to the tracks, then started doing races and marathons! its how i worked my way up. i like her as well.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i have been using these videos since september and have found them very effective. great workout. on average i burn about 100 calories per mile
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie's videos and love them, clearly they are working for me! I've last 25 pounds on them so far, in less than a month. Of course, that is not typical results! lol.
    I record it as low impact aerobics since I don't have a hrm yet.
    I have ordered one though, just haven't gotten it yet. :D
    Best of luck to you!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I did the 3 mile walk with the ball weights last night. It is a much tougher walk than the 3 mile with the stretchy band. I go to a free session sponsored by a local group twice a week. It is a great way to get in 45 minutes of workout, and I like the variety. I have the 3 mile with the stretchy band at home and do it sometimes.

I think it works great, but with every routine, once it is routine, you need to step it up.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I love them :)
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just started her videos yesterday and I sweat more in 15 mins of her video then I do on a treadmill for 30 or 45 mins. I love her workouts they are awesome.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love her videos and think they do work if you walk consistantly but for me i never did her videos alone. Meaning my goal was to walk 2 or 3 miles a day but I walked in addition to other workouts I was doing at the time, 30 day shred, wii zumba. Even if I was not able to do my main workout for the day I still tried to do my walking and lost around 15lbs doing that routine I had set up, but then I stopped and went back to my old habits and am just now getting back into working out but trust me when I say I will definatly be incorporating her DVDS back into my routine because for me it does work. I have a HRM that I bought at Kmart and will log it in that way but I ahve discovered that for me if I was to just put 30 or 45 minutes(depending on howmany mile I do) as a 3 mile an hour walk the calorie count is very close together. Hope this helps