might be silly but........

Options
do you all still exercise the day before your weigh in? is it "cheating" if take that day off as one of your days? i read before that some ppl eat less that day as well (which I think is silly)....

so what do you do the day/ night before your weigh ins??

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Personally, I try harder than usual to keep my sodium levels low, seeing as salt supposedly causes you to retain water and... well you get the rest. Also, I may put in a liiiittle more exercise..but nothing so great that I need to actually log it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't have specific weigh in days anymore but when I was doing Weight Watchers, I would take my rest day the day before weigh-in (exertion can cause water weight). Would make sure my sodium intake the day before was pretty low so I wouldn't risk water weight, would try to eat breakfast early on weigh-in day so it was out of my system before our noon-time meeting and would stop drinking water a couple hours before. And of course I'd wear my lightest clothes and take off all my jewelry and empty my pockets.

Who knows if any of this actually worked...
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The night before I weighed in? Prayed! :happy:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything different. I want a true reading on the scale so I don't see the point of doing something different that might affect the number temporarily.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    yeah keep sodium low and drink more water i'm sure helps! but with working out....i thought your muscles retain more water cause of them working so hard....
    Personally, I try harder than usual to keep my sodium levels low, seeing as salt supposedly causes you to retain water and... well you get the rest. Also, I may put in a liiiittle more exercise..but nothing so great that I need to actually log it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Do what you always do. You won't be fooling anything.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    makes sense :smile:
    I don't do anything different. I want a true reading on the scale so I don't see the point of doing something different that might affect the number temporarily.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is after my tae bo class as the instructor weighs us. I do cheat that day because i am active. I cheat with one meal only
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No nothing different the night before. But I always way before a workout, not after.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I do whatever I normally would. What will be will be :)
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options

ABSOLUTELY AGREE, why would you fiddle any other test, it is about a true reading not a manufactured "happiness" so you can have that peice of cake, etc :(
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i weigh myself before breakfast every friday am naked before my shower.....so the day before (night) sounds like i should just be normal.....haha

like pp said i wouldn't be fooling anyone which is so true... just wanted to see what everyone else does
  • xokelxo
    xokelxo Posts: 13
    Options
    I personally, don't do anything special. I don't see there being any point to starving yourself the night before or watching sodium or anything that you would not do every other day. If you're doing that you might lose an extra pound for that weigh in but the next day that pound comes back. I say, before you weigh in, cross your fingers and be happy with the numbers!
  • rickpick99
    Options
    I log my weight the same time each week, on Mondays in hope that will help me make it through the weekend with out going over.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I weigh daily, and just track it.
    It's no big deal.
    You might also want to track body fat
    here for free
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Good Luck
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I dont work out the night before a weigh in. I drink water and watch my intake, but no gym. I tend to weigh less after a rest day than a workout day.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options

This, not the end of the world, just a number that is going to go down eventually with hard work and eating my intake calories.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    the only thing i really do differently is worry that i did enough to see a good loss lol
    my weigh in day just happens to be the day after a rest day, so thats not really an issue. i always watch my sodium and water intake too
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i agree i watch it anyways (sodium/water)

the only thing i really do differently is worry that i did enough to see a good loss lol
    my weigh in day just happens to be the day after a rest day, so thats not really an issue. i always watch my sodium and water intake too
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in "for the record" on the morning of the day after my rest day, which is neither cheating nor silly. It doesn't change the slope of your weight loss curve at all, it just smooths it out a bit by putting a damper on the noise caused by exercise related water retention. I also weigh in bright and early on Monday morning, which isn't cheating either. Knowing that I won't have all week to work off excess calories and/or sodium helps me to find the strength to NOT cheat over the weekend.