losing weight in the chest area?

Options
sigh, so I'm one of those girls with ridiculously sized boobs. when I weighed 120lbs and had a BMI of ~8, I had a 32F. well, now I'm 160ish, and they're still a 32F. don't ask me where my weight popped up, I don't know lol. but I'm sort of... confused about losing weight there, since even when I gained weight, they stayed the same size. what exercises can I do to make them a little smaller?! :sad: my doctor wants me to consider surgery but I'd really like to try fixing it on my own. help :frown:

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i don't believe there is an exercise, but if there is, i'd love to know too!

i started as a 40dd, lost 40lbs and now im a 38dd.

not everyone looses their boobs... some of us are just made that way :drinker:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    BMI of 8???? Really?
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I went from a 32C to a 40D when I gained weight and haven't lost them at all!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not everyone loses weight in their chest. You may need to look into having them reduced.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've heard that breasts are composed of mammary glands, fibrous tissue and fat. But, each person has a different percentage of each of these. If you lose weight, you can lose some of the fat. But, if your breasts are mainly glands and fibrous tissue, there probably isn't much you can do. Exercise may make them perkier, but that's about it.
  • charrn66
    Options
    From what I understand, there are no exercises to make your breasts decrease in size, specifically. Since they have not grown with your weight gain, I would guess they will not decrease with your weight loss efforts. If the suggestion from your physician is due to back issues, you can attempt to target making your back stronger. This comes from creating a natural girdle, ie. strengthening your core. Exercises that target the core help to keep you in better alignment and take stress off your back. Beyond that, and/or surgery I am at a loss.

Good luck, and best wishes.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    When my life lost weight she went down a size or two (dont ask me what size I honestly dont have a clue) She never really specifically targeted her chest area I just think as she lost fat some in her chest area went also.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    haha I think I meant to put 18 :)
  • hellraisedfire
    Options
    thanks everyone so far, I guess I'll just keep working out and hope for the best! xD *secretly hopes for a magical secret though*
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Lost it all. Got tired of looking at empty socks, had them 'restored to their youthful glory', Best $$ I ever spent. My sister in law just had hers reduced. She said if she had known how much better she would feel she would have done it years ago. Sometimes surgery is a good answer. If you have back problems, you might even get insurance to help.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce (after shedding more than 125 pounds and over 30% body fat, I went from a 44F to a 32G) but work on the muscles surrounding that area anyway - it will at least help with the inevitable "deflation" that happens even if they stay big.
  • Veloyellow
    Options
    Mine got a lot smaller when I took up running. But I am sure running would be painful for you. I have a friend in the same boat as you. No matter how much weight she loses, she remains a triple D. She is finally getting a reduction next month.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I went from a G/H cup to a DD doing the 30 Day Shred.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight in my boob area and I think its from strength training with weights, I went from a 40DD to probably a 38D
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I had 38 dd's and now i have 36 D-C's.... im stuck because i know they are the 1st to go, and i want to have boobs, but i also think they are just a pain in my *kitten*. I know the hubby wont be super excited to see the drop in that area...but weight is weight, and i think the only thing you can do is keep working out, and hope that what goes is your breast
  • castellana
    castellana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went from a large 36C to a small 32B (I used to weigh 144, and now I am around 121). But you know what? Despite the fact I hated them at first, now they are part of who I have become. I admit I talked to a surgeon about having them pumped up!!! LOL! He said that, from his point of view, I am too active, too dynamic, to stop and rest like he would need me to for the time I would need to rest. Quite a few weeks! No workouts, no lifting ... etc. NO WAY! I know for a fact I would never voluntarily put myself thru that unless I needed surgery.

I am soooo happy I never got anything done.

For the last year they seem to have adjusted to my body, the skin looks very good, and they fit ME now. They totally go with my smaller body.

And now..... Now I am recovering from rush surgery to repair a very torn shoulder. Even with that surgery I have been able to stay active, indoor cycling saved me! :) I was going nuts with the inactivity during the first 10 days!!!!!

Maria
  • SkinnyKittyKatt
    Options
    I went from a 40DD to a 32DD (really a DDD) idk of bout dropping cups but you can tighten with arm exercise.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to have surgery but I'm pretty sure I will have too. It doesn't seem to matter what my weight is they stay around 34E and it's too much, especially when I was 110 pounds, so when I get back to that I will be having surgery.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Like some have said, not everyone is able to lose in that area, they are just how they are.

Luckily mine did go down. I used to be 50-52 D and now I am a 44 B, though I am thinking close to an A, because I can shove my fist in my bra cup cause there is still room lol
  • hellraisedfire
    Options
    Lost it all. Got tired of looking at empty socks, had them 'restored to their youthful glory', Best $$ I ever spent. My sister in law just had hers reduced. She said if she had known how much better she would feel she would have done it years ago. Sometimes surgery is a good answer. If you have back problems, you might even get insurance to help.

that's pretty comforting to hear, I talked to my insurance a year ago and they said they would help if the surgeon took a certain amount off (which would have made me a C size) but school got in the way :frown: I'm only 23 and my back already feels like it's falling apart, so I think now I have a good goal to work towards!