General Logging

Options
I just had a few quick questions that I thought some members might be able to answer. I have a fairly active job. In and out of different buildings, walking around most of the day. I have 35 steps to walk to get to my office and I take them up and down everyday. Also have a one year old that I am always playing with. On a normal night, I don't sit down until probably 8 or later (cleaning, cooking..etc) Do I log things like the stairs or is that apart on my BMR? Also, if you have a night where you spring clean or clean more than usual, do you log that? Thank you for any help.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    There are some that would debate a few of these things to be honest...

I go by this: If its something you normally do every day and it DOES NOT raise the heart rate to the point you are sweating and its not rigorous... No - this is your normal course of the day (the settings of how active you are)

When it comes to things like rigorous cleaning - a few days ago, I moved three 150lb pieces of furniture from two rooms and up a full flight of stairs... took me a good 30-40 minutes to do that on my own... did it safely, but my heart rate was up, swimming in sweat... you bet your bippy I counted that as exercise! I dont move around furniture every day and its out of the normal course of things.

I have two full size bathrooms... and I prefer to scrub the floors on my hands and knees... OHHHHHHH the heart rate gets up there really good! Then scrubbing the bath-tub and walls... even doubly so... I counted that as exercise.... because I dont do this every day... its out of the normal course of things....
  • Bulldog1981
    Options
    I think it's a personal preference. I don't log cleaning cause I have always cleaned and I still ended up getting pleasantly plump! That being sad I do see others log their cleaning cause they don't want to skimp themselves on calories they could have lost! It's definately a choice that is completely up to you!
  • Since it's more than the usual for average people (like me who sit in an office 9 - 5), I'd log it. I'd log it, particularly because since I log in every meal, down to every cracker I eat, then you best believe I want credit for any walking that I do in addition to the usual. But that's just me :)